Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
timlaw347

Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss10
Default If I had a script...

Would this be the type of place to read a script that is always worked on?

I've taken advice left right and centre for what it's worth, and keep getting told it needs game mechanics. Now, bear with the fact that if I was to post it here, forget about the lack of game mechanics for the time being. I already know that's what it needs.

If I was to post it here, and already know what it needs but seek an outside opinion from the other sites I have been to, is this place the more 'receptive' place for viewers to give me 'uplifting' feedback if it struck them as decent?

Key words...forget about jolting me with 'the need for mechanics'. It is plastered between my eyes already. I would rather know if I should waste my KB's attaching a file worth looking at.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:35 PM   #2
tsloper
Super Moderator

Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss1884
Default Re: If I had a script...

I assume you're interested in feedback on your story (or your writing) and not on a game idea. I think you'd be best served by posting it on the gamedev.net Writing For Games forum. http://www.gamedev.net/forum/32-writing-for-games/

PLEASE do not use this website's PM feature to contact me.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #3
timlaw347

Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsloper View Post
I assume you're interested in feedback on your story (or your writing) and not on a game idea. I think you'd be best served by posting it on the gamedev.net Writing For Games forum. http://www.gamedev.net/forum/32-writing-for-games/
Hi Tom,

Thanks for that link, but unfortunately this is one of the places my 'story turned adaption from advice' never got through without the 'where's the game mechanics' belt down.

To be honest I never got a 'good straight down the line' answer other than 'game mechanics failure' and forgetfulness every time I posted there.

So if that is the same here, or everywhere, The KB's aren't needed to be wasted again by the sounds of things? Why do you upload files to Gamedev you might ask? Because unfortuantely their copy and paste system is a laugh, and you have to go back into your post when someone says 'give you a heads up, but you might want to check on your word spacing' and rework your pitch, yeh thats a bit annoying.

Classic moment of a forum who you have to pay money for to pitch your idea to for 'help and advice'.

Nothing in life is for free I guess, lucky I am a positive bloke at the end of it all

Last edited by timlaw347 : 02-01-2012 at 10:30 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:42 PM   #4
tsloper
Super Moderator

Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss1884

You can post it here too. No guarantee that you'll be happier with your feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timlaw347 View Post
1. unfortunately this is one of the places my 'story turned adaption from advice' never got through without the 'where's the game mechanics' belt down.
2. Classic moment of a forum who you have to pay money for to pitch your idea to for 'help and advice'.
1. Well, if you post in their Game Design forum, yes - for sure. But if you post in their Writing forum, the question of game mechanics shouldn't come up.

2. You don't have to pay to use that forum.

Old 02-03-2012, 03:50 PM   #5
timlaw347

Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsloper View Post
You can post it here too. No guarantee that you'll be happier with your feedback!

1. Well, if you post in their Game Design forum, yes - for sure. But if you post in their Writing forum, the question of game mechanics shouldn't come up.

2. You don't have to pay to use that forum.
Thanks for that, I will look into that if it is and work on my ideas more before posting either here or there.

Appreciated
Old 02-03-2012, 06:25 PM   #6
tsloper
Super Moderator

Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss1884

I looked at your posts in the gamedev Writing forum and saw some of the feedback you got. For what it's worth, I don't think you were mistreated there.

Closed Thread