Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #1
joshmakesart

Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss2
Default Game Design Major Needs Guidance

(Edited due to vagueness on my part. I explain my situation better in my first reply.)

Hey people,

I am currently a Junior attending the Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD).

My major - Interactive Design and Game Development

My first concern is that even though I respect this school; I feel that after now becoming a junior I should know more about game design. I know that I have these last 2 school years left to learn more, but it feels like I haven't learned enough up to this point.

I have been reading a lot of the articles from Gamasutra and Gamecareerguide on how to prepare for the industry but some of what they say is easier said than done in my opinion. I am not a fanboy of movies, tv shows, or even video games which I think puts me far behind.

I have just started self-teaching C# with the Head First C# book, but I am looking for other ways of self-teaching to help me get a leg up in school. I don't want to just graduate with a degree. I want to have enough under my belt to get a job.

I really just need advice from people who have self-taught aspects of game design successfully so I can get an idea of where to go from here.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by joshmakesart : 07-10-2012 at 02:50 PM.
joshmakesart is offline   Reply With Quote