Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2012, 11:48 AM   #1
s197inthe208

Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss1
Question Trying to find direction

Hey everybody, this is my first post on this forum. I'm trying to find direction in my career, and this seemed like a good place to try and figure it out.

My experience with graphic and 3d programs started when I was about 12, and my dad started up a small media design business after having worked at Microsoft for 12 years. He (and therefore I) had access to programs like Maya, 3DS Max, the Adobe Suites, an Z brush over the years, and I became very interested in 3ds and practiced it regularly. I took many online tutorials through Lynda.com as well as a few highschool courses pertaining to Adobe programs.

Through highschool, I was good at math and, due to my high interest in cars, was sort of cornered into going after a Mechanical Engineering degree. I did that for my first year of college, hated every second of it, and really found my heart was in the design side of things. I thrive in my art and design classes in my current second year of college, and my major is officially Architecture. However, I'm finding my architecture classes aren't the outlet for design I've been looking for.

Everyday in class I find myself daydreaming about computer art and design, and 3d design, and I feel like it is what I am supposed to do. I am looking for suggestions as to how to "sample" this career and find out if it is what I'm really looking for, as well as the path I need to take to get there. Thanks in advance!
s197inthe208 is offline   Reply With Quote