Forum Home Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2008, 09:42 AM   #1
jcbarker86

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss4
Default Programming + Art = Game?

Okay, so here's where I stand. I'm 21 and have wanted to make games for about five years but have only recently started doing so. I always thought there wasn't a future in it for an east coast kid and that I didn't have what it takes but now I'm going for it with all my heart and don't care what happens. I've been learning C++ and Blender, because they're both free and I'm poor. The thing I was wondering was how to put the programming together with the art to make a game. Like, I can make a model and give it a walk cycle and build worlds and stuff but how do I actually program that in a game. Like, how do you fuse art with the programming to make the actual game. Any refrences or sites would be great. Thanks.
jcbarker86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:32 PM   #2
yaustar
Administrator

Activity Longevity
2/20 19/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss2270

To OP: Please don't cross post. Continue the discussion here please: http://www.gamecareerguide.com/forum...ead.php?t=1081
yaustar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:18 PM   #3
sussimathew
De-Registered User

Activity Longevity
0/20 0/20
Today Posts
0/0 sssssssss
Default I can't for the life of me remember what the title is!

The movie I'm struggling to identify deals with pre-WW2 Germany, and chronologies a supposed interplay between a young Adolf Hitler and an influential Jewish art dealer who had been encouraging Hitler's talent on the canvas. I think the film got released in the last 10 years or so, and there's probably one big name actor in it, but I can't for the life of me remember what the title is! What's the name of that one Art movie? Can anyone help me?
  Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 03-14-2008, 07:41 PM   #4
Winning Guy

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss22

I'd suggest picking up one of the games on the shelf that has modding tools built in and have at it. There's a bunch of modders out there and they're always looking for people. It's a great way to learn.
Winning Guy is offline   Reply With Quote