Old 03-30-2008, 03:15 PM   #1
Rayman

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss2
Default Social construction of game consoles

Hey everyone

Me and my partner are doing an academic research in the social construction of game consoles, by that we mean the social aspects and influence of the development of game consoles (PS3, Xbox360 and Wii is what we have in mind), though from a technical (engineering) point of view, since the major audience for our research will be from a technical university.

Our frame of research so far is about the development of game consoles (and in general the whole game industry) by all it's actors (from game developers to publishers and to gamers) and how it has become as it is today and how it might develop in the future. Is there any pattern in all this or are we just trying to move forward in the mist? This might sound quite generel and you're indeed right, because we havn't really decided specific what it should be about yet. This is why we would like to hear your opinion. If you have any kind of input to our research (related to the abstract nonsense I just wrote above ) we would really appreciate. Even if it is a problem statement - we might take on the challenge!

Cheers
-Ray
Rayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 02:21 AM   #2
yaustar
Administrator

Activity Longevity
2/20 19/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss2254

I am assuming you are looking at the social dynamics of online and offline playing and how each company deals with the problem in different ways?
yaustar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 05:55 AM   #3
Rayman

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss2

Sure, or I mean as far as it is, anything that has to do with the social construction of the game console. What kind of problems did you have in mind?
Rayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 07:18 AM   #4
yaustar
Administrator

Activity Longevity
2/20 19/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss2254

I don't have any problems, just a few observations on how each company has looked at the same problem and 'solving' it in different ways.
yaustar is offline   Reply With Quote