Go Back   Game Career Guide Forums > Design
Forum Home Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2008, 07:38 AM   #31
TimEdwards

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss183

Just don't forget, to be good for the challenge, you can only work with what you've got! Gremlins does sound a little far off... and I didn't see those in the challenge!

Although I wish there'd be some new kind of racing game... I'm bored with the burnouts, gran tourismos, forzas, etc... Even Mario Kart was fun for about an hour and then I remembered loathing the unpredictable nature of the game. Skill? BAH! Blue Shell? YES!

Anyway off to GTA Launch Day... *Sigh*

Tim Edwards
TimEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:24 PM   #32
Exaggeration17A

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimEdwards View Post
Just don't forget, to be good for the challenge, you can only work with what you've got! Gremlins does sound a little far off... and I didn't see those in the challenge!
I already sent my entry, and it was the gremlin-free edition. Disappointing, I know, but perhaps the gremlins will have their moment in the spotlight in some future challenge.

Also, I came up with a second idea to sweeten the pot. Not sure if people would have as much fun with this as they would my first idea, but I liked it.

THE TORTOISE AND THE HARE

Players select a car and choose either the "tortoise" or the "hare" version of that car. A tortoise car is dull green, has its top speed and acceleration ratings cut in half, but has its handling and braking ratings doubled. A hare car is bright red, has its top speed and acceleration ratings doubled, but has its handling and braking ratings cut in half. The idea is to have the cars' statistics balanced well enough so that Tortoise vs. Hare races could go either way. "Tortoise Races" and "Hare Races" would also be available, and could quite possibly be the more entertaining option.

Players would have to rely on strategy in order to succeed in a Tortoise Race. The elements that make NASCAR so popular would be put into the spotlight, and once again this gives the player something new to do. Rather than braking at just the right time to powerslide around that corner, they should assess their place in the pack of cars and determine the best way to gain position.

Hare Races would be pure, chaotic fun. Vehicles would essentially handle like rocket cars: horrible at cornering and drifting, but ridiculously fast and in this game, they'd be bouncing off walls with reckless abandon. Honestly, who hasn't wanted to play with an indestructible rocket car?
Exaggeration17A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:45 AM   #33
jillduffy
Administrator

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss421

The winning responses to this challenge will be posted Thursday, May 8, 2008. GameCareerGuide.com apologizes for the delay.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:32 AM   #34
dreamshade

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss87

Man That Just Wrecks My Whole Day Tomorrow. D:

(Ha ha, caps lock isn't allowed.)
Old 05-06-2008, 12:29 PM   #35
jillduffy
Administrator

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss421

There still will be a new challenge tomorrow (yay, right?), but the winning responses from the mini racing game challenge aren't ready yet.