Old 05-10-2008, 10:10 PM   #21
TimEdwards

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss183

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnoc10 View Post
Dungeons And Dragons isn't a Tabletop, it's a Paper-and-Pen. Tabletop is another name for miniatures games, like Warhammer :P
Hehe, I know tabletop involves miniatures... didn't you play D&D with those? We even had dungeons fabricated by our DM with crazy layouts to help visualize and I loved my crusader styled paladin with the all white with red and gold accents. *Sigh* I miss D&D. But seriously... I thought it was normal to use miniatures...

Tim Edwards
TimEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 10:16 PM   #22
Crowskie

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimEdwards View Post
Hehe, I know tabletop involves miniatures... didn't you play D&D with those? We even had dungeons fabricated by our DM with crazy layouts to help visualize and I loved my crusader styled paladin with the all white with red and gold accents. *Sigh* I miss D&D. But seriously... I thought it was normal to use miniatures...

Tim Edwards
I have always used army men, a dry erase board, and beer cans. or whatever else was around. I wish I has some people to play with/knew how to DM.
Crowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 07:52 PM   #23
mheyman

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss12

1. Shadow of the Colossus
2. Sacrifice
3. Half Life 2
4. Final Fantasy Tactics
5. Rocket Knight Adventures
mheyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 09:18 PM   #24
MrP

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mheyman View Post
I agree with that one there. I always thought that could be a interesting MMO style game with only massive bosses. Anyway.

2. Clan Lord, the ancient and first MMO for the Mac. (And the blog for my character: http://warriorthoom.blogspot.com/)

3. 007 GoldenEye for N64. My introduction into FPS and hours of fun multi-player combat. A classic.

4. Tenchu for PS1. My introduction to stealth gameplay and later, elementary level design.

5. Super Mario Brothers. The game that got me into games. It's up there with Mortal Combat, which ruled my 16-bit days.

Last edited by MrP : 05-25-2008 at 10:18 AM.
MrP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 06:42 AM   #25
yaustar
Administrator

Activity Longevity
2/20 19/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss2269

* unrelated bump *
yaustar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 11:11 AM   #26
TimEdwards

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss183

Definately would have to agree with Shadow of the Colossus. One of my favorites for sure.

Also I gotta give props to yaustar for being on the ball with bumps and bans... great job.

Tim Edwards
TimEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 07:35 AM   #27
CKeene

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss80

*helping out on the bump front*
CKeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:32 AM   #28
myfourtwofour
Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mheyman View Post
2. Sacrifice
3. Half Life 2
4. Final Fantasy Tactics
5. Rocket Knight Adventures
I have to totally agree with you on Shadow of the Collossus, Half Life 2 and Final Fantasy - 3 of my top games of all time - and trust me - i own enough!

Last edited by yaustar : 04-23-2014 at 03:30 AM.
myfourtwofour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:51 AM   #29
AsherCrestfalen

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss26

Top 5 for me would be River Raid for the atari, Strider for the nes, Super street fighter 2 turbo for the snes, Final Fantasy VIII for the ps1, Star wars: republic commando for the original xbox, and Halo 3 for the 360
AsherCrestfalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:24 PM   #30
Uther Mortigast

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss52

In no particular order:
  1. Dungeons and Dragons I cut my teeth as a gamer on the purple box set of D&D Basic in about 1981. Since then I have played it many incarnations (AD&D, 2ed, 3.x, Baldur's Gate (PC & PST), Neverwinter Nights), and though I take breaks from it, I always return to it with a smile.

2. Civilization II After this game came out, I lost 1.5 points of GPA. *frowns*

3. Operation Flashpoint: Elite I'll be among the first to admit the graphics weren't on par with its contemporary releases, but the depth to the game was staggering to think about. I'll just say this -- the constellations changed with the time of night, season and Latitude/Longitude, which is handy because you might have to navigate by them as it takes 45 minutes real time to walk across just one of the five maps. It received poor reviews as a FPS, which isn't surprising because it isn't one. Those that recognized the game as a combat simulator (and were into that sort of thing) loved it despite it's ugliness.

4. Settlers of Catan A game that proved you don't need intricate pieces and flashy artwork to be a best seller. Gameplay, gameplay, gameplay.

5. Railroad Tycoon II Yes, honey, I'll be right there. I'm almost connected to Denver....

6. Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII I've played all of the Romances from Seven through Eleven, and Eight is my hands down favorite. I defy you to name another eight-player RPG/TBS (naming other Romance titles doesn't count).

I realize my list ran over five titles, but I could not bear to leave one of those off of it.