Old 06-02-2008, 05:59 AM   #1
ShadoFrost

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss54
Smile Introduction: Hi to Everyone

Hi to everyone,

I realized that I never officially introduced my self to the board members so I would like this to be my official introduction. I've been floating around this site for a good while and reading A LOT. Everything from postmotems, to thesises, book reviews, industry news, job postings, and what ever else I have time to read. I've made a few post in the forums and I look forward to contributing more to this great community and watch it foster even further.

My name is Mohales Deis and I am a 21 year old recent associate graduate. I graduated this month with double majors and with highest honors in Computer ARt (AA) and Business Administration (AS). I now plan on transferring to New York City next year to earn my BS in Business Administration and BFA (MFA most likely) in Computer ARt/Animation. There's a lot more to that but I will detail that at a later time, which including the possible pursuit of a PhD in Psycology. Believe me when I say, I have a seemingly unyielding passion for the industry and study it at almost every possible angle. I plan on entering the industry as a concept artist but my ultimate career goal is to become an ARt Director and later a Director or CEO of a AAA developer (or my own studio). Yes I know big dreams but I don't see what can stop me

ANYBODY, feel free to send me a message or email regarding just about anything but no spam please. I have a few projects running right now which include a couple of organizations so if you're interested again feel free to contact me.
ShadoFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 05:23 PM   #2
Gshonk

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss831

Welcome to the show
Gshonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 11:25 AM   #3
Duckman

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss84

Nice Resume Grant With all that experience and a degree from Full Sail, this Comp Sci grad is screwed
Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 02:11 PM   #4
Gshonk

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss831

No No No. Just work on some games and stuff outside of school and you will be fine. But thanks for checking it out
Gshonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 04:32 AM   #5
Duckman

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss84

Well I have been out of school for a year now and have been employed as a software developer for about a year. I just find it difficult to find time to work on games with work, sports and a girlfriend to top it off taking up all my time.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:12 AM   #6
ShadoFrost

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss54

You work full-time? And what do you mean by sports?
Old 06-04-2008, 08:43 AM   #7
Duckman

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss84

yes i do work full time, and by sports its really recreational, softball and hardball leagues, 4 of them to be exact. My work week used to be 40 hrs a week which it was supposed to, but the past 2 and a half months its been around 60+ hrs on average bringing home work every night and alot of times weekends. Half the time I just want to pass out when I get home. I really need to make space for this stuff.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:39 AM   #8
ShadoFrost

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss54

Yeah you're going to have to. I find it hard myself and now I have to find time to devote to a portfolio that I hope will land me a scholarship in New York. I'm starting from scratch basically and don't plan on using any of my previous work.

I don't know how much they mean to you but it looks like you will have to cut off some of the sports activities that you are into.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:45 AM   #9
Duckman

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss84

well luckily its only for the summer, so I will have time afterwards for that. I've already paid for these leagues, I am not throwing away my money.