Get the latest Education e-news

Old 06-18-2008, 04:10 PM   #1
sirkibble2

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss4
Default Advice for project

I'm trying to get a project I've started off the ground but I'm having trouble finding programmers. I am not asking anyone from here to join the project but I'm wondering if anyone knows some alternatives or places I could ask people.

Unfortunately, all the programmers I know have no interest in video game programming and the only one I could have is spending his time playing video games rather than learning any programming.

If anyone can offer some advice, that would be helpful. Forgive me if I sound like I'm trying to recruit. That's not the intention of this question.
sirkibble2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 01:41 AM   #2
yaustar
Administrator

Activity Longevity
2/20 19/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss2264

http://www.gamedev.net/community/for...asp?forum_id=8

Make sure you have something to show to prove that the project is underway and serious. Also, they want to sure that you will be contributing to the project, not just 'management'.
yaustar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:51 AM   #3
Duckman

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss84

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkibble2 View Post
I'm trying to get a project I've started off the ground but I'm having trouble finding programmers. I am not asking anyone from here to join the project but I'm wondering if anyone knows some alternatives or places I could ask people.

Unfortunately, all the programmers I know have no interest in video game programming and the only one I could have is spending his time playing video games rather than learning any programming.

If anyone can offer some advice, that would be helpful. Forgive me if I sound like I'm trying to recruit. That's not the intention of this question.

Well I am kind of what you are looking for, but not lol. I am a programmer interested in video game programming, but with no video game programming experience. I have been trying to make a mod of HL2 with someone I met at GameInstitute.com, but its difficult for me to find a starting point in all the source code. I am sure I am not what you are looking for, but I am curious about your idea. What type of game is it? FPS, 2D, 3D, etc. I hope you find what you are looking for at gamedev.net, good luck. I need to come up with an idea for a game as well, something perhaps from scratch, so that it is my own and not a modification of a great game
Old 06-21-2008, 01:40 PM   #4
sirkibble2

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss4

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaustar View Post
http://www.gamedev.net/community/for...asp?forum_id=8

Make sure you have something to show to prove that the project is underway and serious. Also, they want to sure that you will be contributing to the project, not just 'management'.
Of course since I'm a 3D modeler. This helps though. Thank you.

The project is a 2D overworld game but we're going to incorporate 3D cutscenes because there are a few disguntled 3D artists who wanted to be involved.
sirkibble2 is offline   Reply With Quote