Old 09-17-2008, 03:07 AM   #41
Halo Girl

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss97

Quote:
Originally Posted by barloeverson View Post
This is an interesting point. Maybe that could be a good side challenge some time: 5 Good Arguments to Present to the Spouse about Buying a New Game!
Holy cow that could be helpful to alot of people, me included. haha.
Well I personally think that won't make any difference, there could be something stopping them from wanting to play new games. If they do already play some games that is. I am up to play anything, but I have a confidence problem that i would prefer to explore a new game on my own, rather than in front of someone. This comes from me from not wanting to look like an idiot, and always wanting to be right. I know that's not possible but thats what happens...

Anyways I just had to get that out. So please continue.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:50 AM   #42
Roxanne BP

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss50

Aww.. poor guys...

My boyfriend bought me a DS game last Valentine day... I prefer that to flowers... but I guess I'm rather the exeption than the rule.

Anyway, maybe you could try to find some games that she'll enjoy. Adrir, if your love likes Guild Wars, maybe you could suggest her other games in the same genre. Try to find out what she likes in this game and what makes it different from games she doesn't like.

You could even make this a family entertainment, with WII games for example. But of course, don't push too far; if she really hates video games, you cannot do anything more about it.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:37 AM   #43
Adrir
Administrator

Activity Longevity
1/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxanne BP View Post
Adrir, if your love likes Guild Wars, maybe you could suggest her other games in the same genre. Try to find out what she likes in this game and what makes it different from games she doesn't like.
Yeah, but I myself don't actually like many other MMORPGs since they eat away at my time and my wallet!
Old 09-17-2008, 10:31 AM   #44
Roxanne BP

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss50

Well, you are right. I think that most girls are attracted by MMOs because of the social part of it. There is other free MMOs available too (on the Internet). But it's better to find a game that both of you will enjoy. Not an easy goal though. Some girls like music games (Guitar Hero, Rock Band, DDR), others prefer RPG games, others enjoy strategy games like The Sims, others are hard core gamers (like me, but it is so rare!), and some just despise everything related to video games. It depends all on her interests and personality.

But sometimes, girls don't play games just because they don't even know that they exist and that they could be fun. There is almost no marketing work that targets girls in the industry (I think it will be more usual in the future, but I saw nothing big yet, not even for casual games). Developpers are just beginning (mostly Nintendo) to "make it pink". They begins to understand the potential of that market (so much articles about it those days).

I believe that it's not just a matter of making casual games. There are girls that like action movies and F1 races. But those girls don't play action games and race games because they just don't feel that they are made for them, or that they could enjoy them anyway.

Last edited by Roxanne BP : 09-17-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:01 AM   #45
Halo Girl

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss97

Quote:
Well, you are right. I think that most girls are attracted by MMOs because of the social part of it.
That I can say is definitely why i like MMOs hehe.

Quote:
Developpers are just beginning (mostly Nintendo) to "make it pink".
For me I hate that...why the stereotypical clour pink for girls...Not a lot girls like pink. it may get some into playing girls, but that will then just deter others. However, if a girl really wants to play games, then she should just go and play games...

Saying that is a bit of a turn around for me thou. When I was younger i use to play Mario quite a bit, but the ninetendo console wasn't mine, it was my brother's mates so I just took advange of it...But after that it was only stupid small PC games I played, like Barbie, 250 Arcade Games, the Harry Potter games....but they didn't really satisfy me so for a few years didn't even touch games. Not until I met my boyfriend, it was he who opened me back up to games.

But I think what stopped me more, was actually deciding on what genre of games I would like to play, and whether to actually buy a game. That's kinda the smae now. When ever I browse a games shop I'm like that looks good, but would I like it? Is that a game I would play? So because I don't know I just walk out. But, I do like the ninetendo DS, that has opened me up to games, that I can definitely say I like. So developers must be doing something right. And another thing, I've never really liked asking for things off my parents, not things that cost an awful lot of money anyways. That would be why I don't have any other consoles etc.

So I'm I don't really know what types of games I like as such. But I'm just glad I met my boyfriend who opened me up to games again.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:31 AM   #46
Roxanne BP

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo Girl View Post

For me I hate that...why the stereotypical clour pink for girls...Not a lot girls like pink. it may get some into playing girls, but that will then just deter others. However, if a girl really wants to play games, then she should just go and play games...
Completely agree with you on that. I hate girly pinky games too. However, it was more an expression than anything else, to express that there is actually a potential in making games for girls and women.

Your story is quite interesting because I think that a lot of women who begin to play games are introduced to them by their male relatives. It is not my case, but I know a couple of girls who have the same kind of gaming background than yours.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:47 AM   #47
edwire62

Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss1
Default Re: Marketing/Design Challenge: Marketing Bullets

One of the biggest keys for success in online marketing, for me, has been the ability to write persuasive hypnotic, compelling bullets on my sales pages.

In my opinion they are the 4th most important part of any sales landing page, behind the headline, offer, and hook.

Last edited by edwire62 : 11-17-2011 at 08:50 AM. Reason: missing text
Old 11-17-2011, 02:01 PM   #48
tsloper
Super Moderator

Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss1888
Default Re: Marketing/Design Challenge: Marketing Bullets

edwire, please do not necro ancient threads.

PLEASE do not use this website's PM feature to contact me.
Closed Thread