Go Back   Game Career Guide Forums > Other > Other/Off-Topic
Forum Home Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2008, 05:27 AM   #41
EmilyK

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss27

Mariol, have you considered that working on a game you love (or perhaps, a sequel to it), might ruin your love for it?
I would say I want to work at Konami Japan (ignoring the fact that I can't speak Japanese!), because I adore Metal Gear, but if I'd worked on it I know that would spoil the story experience behind the game, and I doubt I'd enjoy the series so much...who knows!
Old 11-07-2008, 07:08 AM   #42
Adrir
Administrator

Activity Longevity
1/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1465

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyK View Post
Mariol, have you considered that working on a game you love (or perhaps, a sequel to it), might ruin your love for it?
I would say I want to work at Konami Japan (ignoring the fact that I can't speak Japanese!), because I adore Metal Gear, but if I'd worked on it I know that would spoil the story experience behind the game, and I doubt I'd enjoy the series so much...who knows!
It gets worse when you start guessing how a game was programmed and you start poking around to see if you're right (I've done that so many times in MMORPGs).
Old 11-07-2008, 07:37 AM   #43
Claxon

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss345

Quote:
This can really depend on the game. I've worked on a couple of my all time favorite games (Sonic The Hedgehog & Lemmings), that even after the entire development process, I still loved working on them, and even playing them. Of course other equally popular games that I've worked one / should be working on right now (Monopoly, PAC-MAN), I consider the epitomy of evil and would be happy if I never saw them ever again.

True you may find yourself not enjoying a game series you used to love, but if you're working on something you don't like in the first place the outlook is bleak.
Claxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:48 PM   #44
ridler2013

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss3

Well... I would love to work with gamesoft! I really want to be a part of succeeding project Final Fantasy...
ridler2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 03:31 AM   #45
Mariol

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss117

Quote:
Yeah, I have considered this fact. I don't want to work at the studios because I may have a chance to work on the titles that I enjoy (mainly because of this fact) I still want to enjoy the games that I love. But it's these companies that make the types of games that I enjoy and because of my experience playing them, I'll probably be able to contribute and relate to the game more.

If I had the choice, I'd prefer to contribute to a great game and say that I had a hand in the design than sit down and play a great game. That's my thinking anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claxon View Post
This can really depend on the game. I've worked on a couple of my all time favorite games (Sonic The Hedgehog & Lemmings), that even after the entire development process, I still loved working on them, and even playing them.

True you may find yourself not enjoying a game series you used to love, but if you're working on something you don't like in the first place the outlook is bleak.
Guess it is possible then

Junction 5 Studios | Twitter | Werdz Movies FB page

Last edited by Mariol : 11-10-2008 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Found another post I wanted to quote
Mariol is offline   Reply With Quote