Go Back   Game Career Guide Forums > Game Career Guide > Getting Started
Forum Home Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2014, 04:15 PM   #1
RAVSHAN02

Activity Longevity
0/20 1/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss2
Default What are the chances of getting into University of Ontario for the Information Techno

Hi, Im going to grade 12 next month and Im interested in going to university of Ontario and getting into the "Information Technology - Game Development and Entrepreneurship " program. The following are the requirements which I meet:

1)Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
2)Grade 12 English (ENG4U)
3)One of the following courses: Grade 12 Mathematics of Data Management (MDM4U), Grade 12 Advanced Functions (MHF4U) -or- Grade 12 Calculus and Vectors (MCV4U)
4)Four additional Grade 12 university-level or university/college-level courses

The courses I'm taking include: MHF4U0, ENG4U0, SPH4U0, SCH4U0, MCV4U0, TDJ4M0, and AVI4M0.

My average is usually in the low 80s and this university requires 73-80. Im just really stressed on if I will get accepted or not.

The question I have is should I drop chemistry since I don't need it and don't want to take it as it w
ill be really hard for me to focus on other courses and would prefer not to take it. I just want to ask anyone whose been in this program about the chances of getting in this game development program and if dropping chemistry will affect it a lot. Thanks.
RAVSHAN02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:11 PM   #2
tsloper
Super Moderator

Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1882
Default Re: What are the chances of getting into University of Ontario for the Information Te

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVSHAN02 View Post
1. What are the chances of getting into University of Ontario for the Information Te
2. My average is usually in the low 80s and this university requires 73-80. Im just really stressed on if I will get accepted or not.
3. The question I have is should I drop chemistry since I don't need it and don't want to take it as it will be really hard for me to focus on other courses and would prefer not to take it.
4. I just want to ask anyone whose been in this program about the chances of getting in this game development program and if dropping chemistry will affect it a lot.
1. Nobody on this forum can tell you that. Have you contacted the university and found someone you can talk to there about admissions and in the department that offers the degree you want to pursue?
2. "Low 80s" is higher than "73-80."
3. You mean drop chemistry at the school where you are now? Or do you mean not take chemistry at U of Ontario? Is chemistry an elective, and if you drop it, can you graduate? Nobody on this forum can tell you if you "need" chemistry (many high schools, colleges, and universities require students to have a certain amount of science classes).
4. Your chances of getting a reply on this board from someone who's been to the U of Ontario are pretty slim. I think you should call the university, get hold of someone in admissions, and find contact information for the advisor in the department that offers the degree program you want to take.
Good luck!

PLEASE do not use this website's PM feature to contact me.
tsloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 07:38 AM   #3
RAVSHAN02

Activity Longevity
0/20 1/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss2
Default Re: What are the chances of getting into University of Ontario for the Information Te

Grade 12 chemistry is not required for me to graduate since I only need 6 courses for grade 12. Im qualified with the requirements for this program. Im just thinking of dropping chem as I dont need it. I just wanted some advice from someone whose been to this program. I wanna no a list of grade 12 courses they took to get accepted and the average they had.
RAVSHAN02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 09:33 AM   #4
tsloper
Super Moderator

Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1882

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVSHAN02 View Post
I wanna no a list of grade 12 courses they took to get accepted and the average they had.
You should contact the university and inquire about their requirements, and whether dropping chemistry will hurt your chances. Good luck!

PLEASE do not use this website's PM feature to contact me.

Last edited by tsloper : 08-30-2014 at 09:45 AM.
tsloper is offline   Reply With Quote