Old 08-12-2014, 02:43 PM   #1
Taurustar

Activity Longevity
0/20 1/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss2
Default VideoGame Thesis Project

Hello

My name is Simon and I'm from Chile, actually studying computer engineering and I'm in the last year.

Look as my final project in order to graduate as a Computer Engineer I need to make a thesis, where I must make a complete project by myself or with a couple, I decided to make the project in videogame development... The reason is simple, I spent all the years of study focusing all in game development, studying by myself, doing courses, assisting events, etc

In my faculty the idea is make a complete project as I said, develop it and have the plan to sell it after (is not a Must sell them but yeah, they need to know that if you decide to sell it how much you will gain and if is profitable or not... and of course show all my knowledge acquired in all these years) so then I need some kind of advice about how can I focus this thesis project... where can I find examples in web (Searching in google it's easy but I guess not all people publish their thesis projects)

So I hope you can advice me in something... how can I focus my thesis project to be profitable and also can be developed in the next 3 months(the project must be 100% completed in December 1st)

Regards and hope you can help me with this...
Taurustar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 03:32 PM   #2
tsloper
Super Moderator

Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss1884
Default Re: VideoGame Thesis Project

Quote:
the idea is make a complete project as I said, develop it and have the plan to sell it after (is not a Must sell them but yeah, they need to know that if you decide to sell it how much you will gain and if is profitable or not...
I need some kind of advice about how can I focus this thesis project...
1. where can I find examples in web (Searching in google it's easy but I guess not all people publish their thesis projects)
2. how can I focus my thesis project to be profitable and also can be developed in the next 3 months
1. You won't find many thesis projects, but you should be able to find lots of indie game developer blogs and postmortems. Are you aware of Gamasutra.com?
2. In 3 months you might be able to make a very small and simple mobile game (Android or iOS). Make it a 99 downloadable app.

PLEASE do not use this website's PM feature to contact me.
tsloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 04:09 PM   #3
Taurustar

Activity Longevity
0/20 1/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss2
Default Re: VideoGame Thesis Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsloper View Post
1. You won't find many thesis projects, but you should be able to find lots of indie game developer blogs and postmortems. Are you aware of Gamasutra.com?
Ohh I never thought that aspect... yea I checked Gamasutra but well just I never thought in that way... so then I'll check it now

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsloper View Post
2. In 3 months you might be able to make a very small and simple mobile game (Android or iOS). Make it a 99 downloadable app.
Yeah sound reasonable...
Taurustar is offline   Reply With Quote