Forum Home Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2008, 08:16 PM   #1
eferaga

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss33
Default About my Habilities

I have a doubt that maybe some people have when going to take a decisision like studying videogames and it is that i dont know if i have the capacity or the hablity for designing videogames, how can i know if i have it, because i can study that and in the end see that everything was nothing because i dont have much hanilitie or i dont have enought creativity, but i feel like pasionated with game design, but i dont know if im going to be competent in this area, if someone can answer i i'll be gratefull
eferaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:11 AM   #2
Adrir
Administrator

Activity Longevity
1/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1465

Do you mean abilities?

You don't need gallons raw talent to be a good game designer. It can certainly help make your education easier. However, if you are as passionate as you claim, then it shouldn't matter how difficult it is; since you will stick with it, you will develop the neccessary skills, and you will have alot of fun along the way.

Good luck!
Adrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:54 AM   #3
yaustar
Administrator

Activity Longevity
2/20 19/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss2264

Quote:
Originally Posted by eferaga View Post
I have a doubt that maybe some people have when going to take a decisision like studying videogames and it is that i dont know if i have the capacity or the hablity for designing videogames, how can i know if i have it, because i can study that and in the end see that everything was nothing because i dont have much hanilitie or i dont have enought creativity, but i feel like pasionated with game design, but i dont know if im going to be competent in this area, if someone can answer i i'll be gratefull
"Suck it and see"

Try coming up with an idea and write it on paper with mockup screens. IF you find that you can then you can, if you can't you can't. How much you struggle will give you an indication on your ability at present.
yaustar is offline   Reply With Quote