Get the latest Education e-news

Old 02-26-2008, 03:26 PM   #1
omegaridley101

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss3
Default Major?

Hi, I'm entering college in about a year, and I'm wondering what I should major in. I am very interested in becoming a game designer, but do not know what I should major in in order to become one. I have heard of game design majors before, but I would prefer a major that can be used for other fields, since most game designer position applications I have looked at have only specified a bachelor's in a "related" field as a requirement, or as a plus. If I could, I would like to major in business management, if that would allow me to become a designer. Does anyone know if that would work? I just want a bachelor's that can provide me good backup - employment opportunities for game designing but also the option to get a good job in a different field, or position, if I wanted to. Part of the reason for this is that the college I plan to attend doesn't offer game design as a major. Anyone know what majors would be plausible for entering game design?
omegaridley101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:23 AM   #2
yaustar
Administrator

Activity Longevity
2/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2244

Quote:
If I could, I would like to major in business management, if that would allow me to become a designer. Does anyone know if that would work?
Yes, it can work.

Quote:
Anyone know what majors would be plausible for entering game design?
Read: http://www.sloperama.com/advice/lesson25.htm
yaustar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 09:34 AM   #3
omegaridley101

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss3
Default sweet

sweet, thanks! that's exactly what I was looking for. I'm thinking a double major in business management and art & animation...
omegaridley101 is offline   Reply With Quote