Old 05-03-2008, 09:07 PM   #11
TimEdwards

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss183
Default Board Game - Good or Bad for Portfolios

Lol, wrong post... I need to sleep!

Last edited by TimEdwards : 05-03-2008 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Tired and replied to a current post rather than made a new one!
TimEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 12:07 AM   #12
DerFool

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss5

First of all - RPG means role play game, so you don't and can't add the word "game" after.
Second - Saying RPGs are dead and submit to it is wrong. The fact (is it?) that no BG3 is coming out doesnt mean it's dead - in fact, FPS is trying to approach the RPG's game style and you can see its elements in more "main stream" games, in giving the player a costume character built (CoD4) and players are now more involved in the storyline (bioshock). So i say it is an opening for RPGs - and as we can see, some took this opportunity (maybe it is too early, but Fallout3 is an example). Ok, so the old classics are gone in the pages of the history, doesn't mean you have to submit to the MMO revolution.
DerFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:38 AM   #13
vincecody

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss6
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerFool View Post
First of all - RPG means role play game, so you don't and can't add the word "game" after.
Second - Saying RPGs are dead and submit to it is wrong. The fact (is it?) that no BG3 is coming out doesnt mean it's dead - in fact, FPS is trying to approach the RPG's game style and you can see its elements in more "main stream" games, in giving the player a costume character built (CoD4) and players are now more involved in the storyline (bioshock). So i say it is an opening for RPGs - and as we can see, some took this opportunity (maybe it is too early, but Fallout3 is an example). Ok, so the old classics are gone in the pages of the history, doesn't mean you have to submit to the MMO revolution.

yeah , I get it ;
vincecody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:39 AM   #14
dreamshade

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss87

If you're looking for inspiration, a lot of my friends online who are into life-sucking long-arse RPGs are currently playing Persona 3 religiously. Tactical RPGs certainly still have a cult following.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:35 AM   #15
vincecody

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamshade View Post
If you're looking for inspiration, a lot of my friends online who are into life-sucking long-arse RPGs are currently playing Persona 3 religiously. Tactical RPGs certainly still have a cult following.
why not introduce them ; I 'd like to get touch with them , or

send a e-mail to me;

e-mail : jolong12345@163.com
vincecody is offline   Reply With Quote