Old 05-26-2008, 10:12 AM   #1
calelogan

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss20
Default Game Design Workshop/Program

Hi,

I'm fairly new to the Gamecareer community. Though I've known this website for a long time, only recently have I registered.

I'm currently a law student one year and a half away from getting my bachelor's degree, but I also attend other design classes at my university. Though I'm also part of a game development & research group I constantly seek more knowledge in the area in order to become a game designer/writer.

For that matter, before I graduate and attend a post graduate program dedicated to game development, I'd like to know if there are any other worthwhile programs I can attend. Since I'm from Brazil, my summer period is during december-february and that means that would be the best time for me to attend any programs, especially abroad.

I have gotten only a bit of a formal education on game design, through one of the design classes, but I read daily game news, gamasutra features, and participate at the game r&d group. Therefore I'm willing to attend both introductory and specific topic courses.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

A Vagrant Bard...
calelogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 04:46 PM   #2
calelogan

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss20

...Anybody?

A Vagrant Bard...
calelogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 05:03 PM   #3
freakynipples69

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss46

I haven't seen any short term workshops for game design and development. I do know of gameinstitute.com which offers online courses, but I believe mostly in programming and art. You should perhaps invest in books on the subject instead? I recently ordered http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Guide.../dp/158065066X, haven't received it yet though. It suppose to be a great book on game storytelling and design. It should be right up your ally.
freakynipples69 is offline   Reply With Quote