Forum Home Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2008, 07:19 PM   #1
shinobi-pa

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss6
Default Concept Artists Needed, For Video Game

Midnight 13 is a fantasy RPG currently in produced, it is of high importance to it further production to have concept artists. Do you classify your self as a talented concept artist with the hobby of videogames, then we need you!

Down bellow this paragraph is details on what needs to be designed in art form, and the email which you must reply to if you wish to proceed and work with us.

The Midnight 13 team needs concept artists urgently, Currently we have none.
Without artists there is nothing visually designed, And with no imagery to work from, 3D modellers haven’t much to do.

Any artists who wish to apply will need to be able to design the visuals for Midnight 13 as well as draw them for the 3D modellers and texturers to work from.
All fields of concept art are open, Artists are needed to design the following.

-Landscapes
This is the layout of the land, Aswell as the style of what is contained within, For example the design of the tree's, It is not expected you spend many hours just drawing a whole forest in detail, Just a general representation of the layout from a distance and then separate images with closeups of everything in the landscape.

-Town/City
Designing the visuals of any civilisation as minor as it may be, Usually populated with Metoran's (Humanoid beings in Midnight 13, Similar to humans on Earth) This includes the exterior of buildings and layout of the town as a whole, Where paths and roads are to different places etc.

-Building Interior/Exterior
The design of what’s inside buildings within towns and cities, This goes hand in hand with the above field of design. In the case of buildings designed in the Town/City field being general demonstrations of the towns visual style but not exactly what the buildings will be in the final game, The job will then be moved over to this group of development.

-Major Characters
The looks of all the major characters both good and bad, There are only several dozen of these types of characters within the game, In the case that they are all done then anyone in this category will be moved to the NPC category. With this category it is important that the designs are fairly proportional and are at least partially realistic, So artists who can only do general anime/manga style, The kind that is seen in a lot of Japanese animes that doesn’t have much shading and the proportions and shape of the character are stylised, Would not be of any use here. However there are fields of anime arts outside of this cliche that would be very useful for this job, A good example of work like this is the concept art for characters in the Final Fantasy series.

-NPC's (Non player characters)
Non player characters are all the characters in the game that aren’t played by you or another person, In this case it does not include major characters which are part of the category above. There are obviously far more of these then major characters and in some cases designs may be reused for more minor characters, The designs for these characters are still important in the game however they do not have to be as perfect as the ones in the main character category.

-Enemies
The design of all enemies in the game, Humanoid, Animals or anything else you may be able to think of go in here, This is one of the more openly creative categories with little description to go by except for the kind of area the enemies will be found in.

-Objects
Everything else fits into here, The design of simple objects in a building, Weapon design, Armour design, Any other little overlooked details that make up the fine points of a games visuals.

Email replies to leviathan278@hotmail.com

This job is not paying and people who join will likely do it for the enjoyment they get out of producing something this big and expressing their creative talent.

Last edited by jillduffy : 08-28-2008 at 09:58 AM. Reason: editor's discretion
shinobi-pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:51 AM   #2
concept-artist1212

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss1
Default I'd love too.

I'd love to join in. and i don't need any money even if you do make a profit. I just enjoy designing characters. I will make enemies and npcs (I might make some main characters but they will take a while.) I will post them here or email them to you when i make them. but 1 question... is this fantasy (like final fantasy, zelda, etc.) or sci fi ( robots, humanoids, etc.) I will make both and you can see what you like. But respond soon or i will ontinue to make both haha thank you.
concept-artist1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:01 PM   #3
shinobi-pa

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss6
Default Thanks to all who replied, we still need more people.

I'd just like to thank everyone the replied and sent emails. A lot of positions have been filled, though we are not in high need of the positions that have been filled it is still appreciated if you reply, and I still urge you to do so.

We are in high need of textures.

And to answer your Question the current game being made at the moment Midnight 13, is a bit of everything but is mostly sci-fi style with robots and guns, lasers, swords, and space travel, things like that.

Last edited by shinobi-pa : 07-14-2008 at 07:11 PM. Reason: acidently posted early
Old 07-17-2008, 06:43 AM   #4
shinobi-pa

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss6

Sorry I forgot to add in my previous post, we are still in dire need of artists who can design vivid landscapes. Texturers are still of course needed to further detail the 3D models based on the art teams artwork.

Concept-artist1212 we appreciate your interest we would love you to join and if you havenít already done so, e-mail the CEO at leviathan278@hotmail.com. Since we have a fair idea of what we need done and a generalisation of the visuals in Midnight 13, you shall be guided through on what to do after the reply of your e-mail. You know where to e-mail leviathan278@hotmail.com

Yours sincerely shinobi-pa
Old 08-22-2008, 06:27 AM   #5
Leviathan278

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss9

I am the leader of this project, shinobi-pa works with me.

We have had issues with artists where they are multitasking between projects and cant spend much of their time on ours, So the more people we can get to help the better.

We require artists for the designing of all the game visuals.
Modellers to create the game's 3D environments based on the artwork.
And texturers to add textures to the 3D models.

Anyone interested, Email me at leviathan278@hotmail.com
Leviathan278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:59 AM   #6
krick3t

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss9

Emailed you
krick3t is offline   Reply With Quote