TG1
Super Moderator

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
Maybe a game that uses a unique feature of the iPhone would have to involve finger manipulations on the touch screen.
OOOHHH, Finger twister! How many people do you think can participate in this at the same time on one Ipod screen?

I actually have an idea for a game that's been in my head for a while that might fit this challenge, I need to do my research first though
Facebook profile
TG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:25 PM   #22
MessiahSimple

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss112

Haha, finger twister is great. Only problem being that, if young'ns don't use protection we'd have innocent finger twister games turning into little baby fingers running around ruining our hands' careers, turning them into stay at home digits.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:34 PM   #23
Kodiak

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protector one View Post
Yes. As for your other questions, do some research, you lazy git!
I object yer 'onor! I'd work up a big protest, but I just can't seem to find the energy!

It's one thing to read the specs on something like Apple's website, or even some of the reviews. However, I suspect that many of these serve more as marketing schemes than a true analysis of capabilities. It's always interesting to hear what someone with a little hands on time has to say about a piece of gear.

Oh, and beware of any site that advertises super monkey balls. That's just bad news!

There is an interesting feature in the new 3G phone that could be put to good use: GPS mapping. What if you could play some kind of 'tag' with other iPhone users that appear on the GPS?

Maybe this could tie in with your idea, Zooch, to make it a truly iPhone specific capability. What if some of your Golden Apples can only be located or activated if you are in the appropriate physical location? This could even be tied into tourism information and promotions.

Vague ideas forming...must keep...grasping...at...straws!
Kodiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 03:06 PM   #24
Zooch

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss186

That's an amazing idea.

I initially wrote off the GPS mapping because I instantly thought "what a great way to attract stalkers to a youth-oriented idea" but I obviously wasn't thinking deep enough!

I'll get back with some ideas soon.
Zooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:19 PM   #25
Kodiak

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss243

Geh!

Stalkers are a good point. I didn't even think of that. However, I think it would be safe when used in this context. Heck, it could be a great way for a company to advertise a promotion and gather a large crowd to the right location...or to have a festival...or...Wow, this has a lot of potential!
Old 07-16-2008, 09:31 PM   #26
TG1
Super Moderator

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss271

Quote:
There is an interesting feature in the new 3G phone that could be put to good use: GPS mapping. What if you could play some kind of 'tag' with other iPhone users that appear on the GPS?
My idea is actually about using the GPS capabilities, something about a Zelda like RPG game based on the maps of the areas the player has (so you enter dungeons in own own town!) or playing a find the treasure ot trivia games based on GPS maps.
(My original idea was about using a normal GPS that gives you a 3D view of the road as a DOOM game).

about using your friends location, I thought it would be a cool way to help someone get around, say you're going to a party at someone's house and you are lost, you can approve for him to see your location on his GPS (that way not everybody can see where you are) and guide you from there.

I also thought the GPS could be used when travelling with friends with several cars - one person marks the destination on their map and it is sent to all the other Iphones so everybody knows where to go and where are the other cars in the group.

Humph, so many ideas for something that will not get to my country soon, and if it will it will probably cost 3 times more the the orighinal price
Facebook profile
TG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:06 AM   #27
Pepto_The_Great

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss11

Hmm , interesting challenge. I used to work for Apple in one of their retail stores so I kind of have a strong distaste for them. Ill have to suck it up for this challenge. Like some of the people , I also have to research its full capabilities.
Pepto_The_Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 03:36 AM   #28
Kodiak

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss243

Why is it I always come up with my best ideas two minutes after shutting off the computer and five minutes before going to bed?

Here are some quick concepts that came up. I've checked the names and all seem to be used on something else, so I'll have to come up with something else, but I'll use them here for now as they best describe the ideas:

1. iBeat: This game allows users to sample songs from their MP3s, assigning sounds to different keys and movements. Players are then able to compose music on the fly using the touch screen and accelerometer. Creatin' while you're shakin' Record the new songs, send them to your friends, or even create music as a group by networking iPhones. Don't know if this infringes copyright laws, though, so maybe saving new tunes is a no go.

2. iBox: A boxing game in which you see your boxer from behind (as in the Wii Sports Boxing). Controls are achieved by tapping different corners of the screen (i.e. jab, cross, uppercut, block, etc.) and dodging is done by moving the iPhone and sensed via the accelerometer. Can be played single player or against a friend on another iPhone.

3. iRate: OK, while not a game, it may be worth mentioning here. Making use of the GPS, camera and connection to a social networking site (e.g. Facebook), a user is able to go to any point in the world, take a picture or video, plot the exact location on a map and then Blog about the spot (text, audio or even video) as well as assigning it a rating indicating how much they like it. Other systems do this, but I think this is the only that proposes an integrated workflow off of a single platform.

As a side note...why is it I get the feeling that with the advent of mobile GPS -enabled game systems, we're going to be seeing a whole lot more kids run over by cars as they're concentrating on zapping their goblin friend across the street rather than watching for traffic?
Old 07-17-2008, 04:29 AM   #29
Zooch

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss186

Quote:

1. iBeat: This game allows users to sample songs from their MP3s, assigning sounds to different keys and movements. Players are then able to compose music on the fly using the touch screen and accelerometer. Creatin' while you're shakin' Record the new songs, send them to your friends, or even create music as a group by networking iPhones. Don't know if this infringes copyright laws, though, so maybe saving new tunes is a no go.
GarageBand is a program for the iPhone that does something very similar to this.

Quote:
As a side note...why is it I get the feeling that with the advent of mobile GPS -enabled game systems, we're going to be seeing a whole lot more kids run over by cars as they're concentrating on zapping their goblin friend across the street rather than watching for traffic?
Hey at least they leveled up, right?
Zooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 07:20 AM   #30
OSD

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss55

Quote:
Why is it I always come up with my best ideas two minutes after shutting off the computer and five minutes before going to bed?
That's why you should always leave a "thrashable" notebook at the head of your bed. You never know when an idea will hill you like a 5 tons truck
OSD is offline   Reply With Quote