Go Back   Game Career Guide Forums > Other > Game Studies
Forum Home Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2008, 07:41 AM   #21
Roxanne BP

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss50

I guess that the worst part of a mentally challenging task is to sit down and do it. When I start something, I usually donít stop before I finish it. But still, I have to gather enough motivation to start. Some people are able to work efficiently only in a stressful situation. The trick is to fix clear goals. Then, if you need a little push up, give you realistic time limits to achieve your goals.

Of course, you will be more motivate and it will far easier to do a task if you like it or if you like the reward it will provide you by doing it. Itís important to love your job (or at least a part of it) or your job will make you sick. If you feel that it is going to happen, ask to yourself why do you dislike your job so much and then what you can do to change this. Never let a job burns you out.
Roxanne BP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 03:34 PM   #22
Adrir
Administrator

Activity Longevity
2/20 20/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss1461

I'm usually really laid back when it comes to actually doing work. I do a little here and there. Alot of people are genuinely surprised when they see my personal projects, society projects, and the ammount of reading and study I seem to get done.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:42 PM   #23
Red_5

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rybo5000 View Post
(Wasn't sure where to put this)

I'm quite a motivated person, my freinds often laugh because as soon as I grasp an idea I work hard to try and make it a reality and often become depressed when it fails.

Though sometimes I just can't be bothered to do anything, take now for example, there is a C++ book on my shelf which I bought and I can't bring myself to pick it up.

How does everyone else motivate themselves to get started on something?
Same here except this is a book on Processing. With me I think it's 2% adrenaline and 98% luck.

it always helps when I start creating things from my mind that actually look good, then the motivation kicks in and I can pretty much do anything!....

seriously though, down a Red Bull, run to the shelf and rip that book from it's dusty hollow!
Red_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 02:35 AM   #24
Adrir
Administrator

Activity Longevity
2/20 20/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss1461

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_5 View Post
Seriously though, down a Red Bull, run to the shelf and rip that book from it's dusty hollow!
Or a coffee depending on your inclination.