Forum Home Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2009, 09:20 AM   #1
CAPTAIN BRUMBL3Z

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss2
Default Looking For The Right School

Hey, all. I could use a bit of help finding the right college to transfer into. I plan to go for a comp sci bachelor's. I am at Bucks County Community right now in Pennsylvania which is rolling out its game design occupational major right now and I need to find a good school to transfer to that is within commutable distance to potential employers for when I'm finish a Bachelor's in Comp Sci. I qualify for a Comp Sci associate's right now from Bucks but I've stayed to receive my degree in the game design major instead, so this way I have two degrees.

Would anyone have any recommendations of colleges or even locations, states, etc.? Money is, unfortunately, limited. Otherwise I'd probably have been in Full Sail or Digipen by now, or Carnegie Mellon in PA. For that matter, if anyone knows of potential employers in around southeast PA that I might be able to contact, I'd also appreciate that, though my focus is finding the right school. Thanks for the help!
CAPTAIN BRUMBL3Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:38 AM   #2
Adrir
Administrator

Activity Longevity
1/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1465

See the Digital Counselor.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:20 PM   #3
Gshonk

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss831

I would say if money is a problem just stay in state and go somewhere with a respected Comp Sci. degree. Also I would be interested to know who is teaching the game development courses ie. if it is someone with industry experience.
Gshonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:53 AM   #4
CAPTAIN BRUMBL3Z

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss2

Addrir: Thanks, I came from gamasutra and didn't see that. The problem, though, is that I'm hoping to focus more on a computer science program, this way I'd have a bachelor's in that and an associate's in game design and simulation. This seems heavily focused on game design programs and colleges. I don't suppose you might have some ideas or a better place to look?

Gshonk: I'm not sure what industry experience she may have, but her name is Julie Piper. She's leaving BCCC for Rider University in NJ by next Fall, though, so she'll be replaced. From what I hear it'll be someone from Montgomery Community College which is actually listed in the school list.
CAPTAIN BRUMBL3Z is offline   Reply With Quote