Forum Home Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2009, 07:43 AM   #1
jp2123

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss8
Default Writers for Gaming Site Needed

I think my post got deleted and I don't know why. I'm just looking for some writers for my site. Is totally about gaming and we need some people who can post news and interesting articles.. The site is

http://twgnews.com

And my email is

jp2123@twgnintendo.com

We don't pay...

Last edited by jp2123 : 01-30-2009 at 10:30 AM.
jp2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:09 AM   #2
Gshonk

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss831

Someone may have thought it was a paid position.
Gshonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:26 AM   #3
jp2123

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gshonk View Post
Someone may have thought it was a paid position.
Ok I maybe didn't explain myself. But no is not paid. I was just saying that like any other site in here, if it becomes big it might... But that's in the long long run
Old 01-16-2009, 01:00 PM   #4
Gshonk

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss831

Cool I see no problem with this then
Gshonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:24 PM   #5
HPPennypacker

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss2

I've been around this industry for a long time. Little sites don't become big. It's not possible. The ONLY (I SERIOUSLY have to stress "ONLY") smaller site that managed to become big without corporate dollars is Destructoid. Every other site that makes enough to pay its writers a respectable wage was bought up or started by a large corporation like Future, Ziff, or CNET and made into the site it is today.

There's nothing wrong with writing for smaller sites though. Just make sure you're doing it for the love of it, and not because an editor is promising you riches and an "opportunity to get in on the ground floor." I got burned by that line when I was young and new to the industry. I just hope nobody else makes the same mistake.
HPPennypacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:29 AM   #6
jp2123

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPPennypacker View Post
I've been around this industry for a long time. Little sites don't become big. It's not possible. The ONLY (I SERIOUSLY have to stress "ONLY") smaller site that managed to become big without corporate dollars is Destructoid. Every other site that makes enough to pay its writers a respectable wage was bought up or started by a large corporation like Future, Ziff, or CNET and made into the site it is today.

There's nothing wrong with writing for smaller sites though. Just make sure you're doing it for the love of it, and not because an editor is promising you riches and an "opportunity to get in on the ground floor." I got burned by that line when I was young and new to the industry. I just hope nobody else makes the same mistake.
I understand what you are trying to say, but those sites started from a point. I don't think 1Up was boughts by nobody, until UGO recently bought it. But I agree with you on most of what you said.

Also I would like to edit this post, cause we are now focusing on gaming not just Nintendo. So if anyone can fix that, I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:10 AM   #7
jillduffy
Administrator

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss421

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2123 View Post
I don't think 1Up was boughts by nobody, until UGO recently bought it.
1Up was previously owned by Ziff.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:39 AM   #8
jp2123

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss8

I'm still looking for writers. We are doing a major redesign that is going to look incredibly amazing. So if you are interested, email me now!
Old 03-28-2009, 11:35 AM   #9
Genki

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss6

Quote:

What about Rock, Paper, Shotgun?
Genki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:14 PM   #10
Ziriux

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss24

Quote:

Speak for your self dude. Many small sites have become big. Also it all depends on what you consider big. Any of the game websites ranked in top 20k is pretty good and will get money from a sponsor, also other big names like AOL, CBS or Fox will pick you up to advance their game division. Right now Yahoo has no blog they use with their games section, but they are working on acquiring some, once you're acquired you'll be making money.

So I don't think you've been around the industry to under stand that much.
Ziriux is offline   Reply With Quote