Old 03-28-2009, 10:55 AM   #1
CorSauve

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss2
Default Portfolio Corey Sauve

hello all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I just got my online portfolio to a point where I'm interested in feedback. I'm self-taught and I'm looking to break into the industry so any advice would be appreciated.
Check out my site here, www.burdenwoe.com

Thanks in advance.
CorSauve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:30 PM   #2
yaustar
Administrator

Activity Longevity
1/20 19/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss2270

I can't view the movies without crashing Firefox so I can't comment on the animation.

Your resume is missing from the webpage and I would liked to see work from the some of the projects you professionally worked on.

More consistent images would have been useful. For example, all your models will have textures maps, normal maps and bump maps available.

There is a feature on portfolios here as well: http://www.spreetree.net/blog/?cat=9
yaustar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:00 PM   #3
EvilLlama

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss282

There are a few typos in your info section "untill" and "pyjamas" should be "until" and "pajamas" which you should probably fix.

In one of your animations, I noticed the logo for the Comedy Central channel or whatever its called. I'm not making any assumptions, but if you're taking a previous work and modifying it you should specify the parts you added/changed. Your models look pretty good, but I know some people are picky about having models that are strictly all quads. I noticed a couple triangles in yours. I'm not entirely sure how picky the game industry is about this though. Also, when I click on the contact tab an automatic email thingy pops up. It would be better if the contact section just listed your email address and whatever other info you wish to include.

Good job and good luck
Old 04-01-2009, 01:38 AM   #4
dmcclure

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss110

I think pyjamas is the spelling as used in English and pajamas is the spelling as used in American English. Obviously it is important to be consistent in your choice of spellings.
dmcclure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:16 AM   #5
sbodie

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss13

For a few of the pictures in your gallery section, the ones that use simple viewer, the pictures become off center for my resolution which is 1920x1080. Over all thought I think it is shaping up, as someone previously said I think you should add a resume.
sbodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:55 AM   #6
CorSauve

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss2

Thanks for the comments guys.

regarding the spelling, I'm Canadian so I guess I'm using the Queen's English for pyjamas but I'll have to fix "untill".

A resume is a good idea-surprised I overlooked that. General contact info is a good idea too and I'll look into the off-centre display as well.

Sorry the vids didn't work for you yaustar. They require the latest QuickTime plugin, other than that I don't know what the problem could be.
CorSauve is offline   Reply With Quote