Forum Home Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 09:48 AM   #11
Roxanne BP

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss50

Calm down. These people are trying to help you. Nobody here is a career counsellor... So maybe, if you have some difficulties to understand the UK education system, you can:

- Find a counsellor
- Make your own research on that magical tool called Internet
- Check University Web sites and communicate with people in charge of foreigner students
- Ask your questions here politely, knowing that we may have no answer to give you.

So, your choice...
Old 05-29-2009, 10:06 AM   #12
ShadowXX

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss10

-I'm living in a damn Latvia it's a hole were 75% of people doesn't have jobs. And 50% doesn't know that the second war has ended. IT"S A #$^$ HOLE, not A COUNTRY!
I don't know whats a consellor and i think here in Latvia we don't have such.
- Internet? Well, i'm doing it right now.
- and you are the people that im communicating with.

- I'm really sorry for my agressive way of talking. I'll try to be calm.

Last edited by ShadowXX : 05-29-2009 at 10:13 AM.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:44 AM   #13
yaustar
Administrator

Activity Longevity
2/20 19/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss2270

I will say this ONCE. Calm down or I will ban you outright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaustar View Post
If you don't have a career councillor, then enquire at the Universities you are interested in about the requirements needed to enrol. Some will have special programs in place for students coming from abroad. They will have much more accurate information then what we can provide on the forum.
If you don't understand certain words, then use a translator. There are plenty online to use.

This is UCAS: http://www.ucas.ac.uk/ . It is the organisation that is responsible for applications to University.

Last edited by yaustar : 05-29-2009 at 10:53 AM.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:46 AM   #14
ShadowXX

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss10

Give me an example.
If Entry Requirements are this:

Applicants are viewed individually on their merits. A typical offer is 240-260 points and must include two 6 unit or one 12 unit award.

What does it mean?
What marks do i need to get on the course?
Whats that unit stuff?

Last edited by ShadowXX : 05-29-2009 at 11:02 AM.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:02 AM   #15
yaustar
Administrator

Activity Longevity
2/20 19/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss2270

I am assuming that Latvia is EU. A quick search on University site that you linked gave this information: http://www3.newport.ac.uk/displayPag...=6344&type=PAG

Quote:
International Applicants Outside the UK (EU and Worldwide)
Except for those whose school or college is registered with UCAS, individuals from the EU (excluding the UK), and worldwide, apply online independently.

Advice is available from British Council offices and other centres overseas, such as your school or college. You are responsible for paying the correct application fee, for obtaining and attaching the academic reference and for submitting the completed application online to UCAS.

For all applicants, there are full instructions at www.ucas.com to make it as easy as possible for you to fill in your online application. UCAS also has a comprehensive guide called Applying Online, which can be downloaded from the UCAS website.

Applications should be received at UCAS by 15 January to guarantee consideration. Any forms received after this will be considered if there are places available.

For further information contact UCAS:
T: 0870 1122211
W: www.ucas.com
Old 05-29-2009, 11:08 AM   #16
ShadowXX

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss10

So-o-o.......what about the example?

I already cheaked the UCAS site ten times. I still don't get it.

Last edited by ShadowXX : 05-29-2009 at 11:10 AM.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:54 AM   #17
yaustar
Administrator

Activity Longevity
2/20 19/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss2270

On the main site of UCAS, there is a huge button with the word 'Apply' on it. That is where you start your application process. From that point, you are on your own. None of us are career advisors or have experience of applying from abroad.

Here is the page that you need to read before you apply: http://www.ucas.com/students/nonukstudents/ That will give you all the information you need including contacts if you need further information.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:55 AM   #18
yaustar
Administrator

Activity Longevity
2/20 19/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss2270

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowXX View Post
So-o-o.......what about the example?
You edited your post at the same time I posted and I can't give an answer as I am neither in the University Admissions department or UCAS.

Last edited by yaustar : 05-29-2009 at 12:05 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:08 PM   #19
ShadowXX

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss10

Just now i don't need to apply. I'm just gethering info.
And all this day i'm trying to find out what's UCAS points are and how do they ,,go,, with my marks at exams.
For example i have 8 on my computing exam in the end of school - how much ucas points is it?
(and if you don't give strait answer - pleas don't post)
Old 05-29-2009, 12:30 PM   #20
yaustar
Administrator

Activity Longevity
2/20 19/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss2270

We don't know how much they are worth. You have to talk to UCAS or a careers councillor to see how your country's qualifications transfer over to UK's system (which is what we have been trying to tell you for the past page).

The UCAS points system was designed for the UK education system. Admissions for International students is handled differently.

I am going to be very clear and very blunt on what you need to do.

Contact UCAS via email. Tell them that you are interested in studying in the UK and link them to the course you wanted to do. Tell them where you are from and the grades you have. They will take it from there.

Contact the University you are wanted to go. Tell them where you are from, the grades you have and the course you are interested in. They will take it from there.

Thread locked.
Closed Thread