Old 08-14-2007, 01:42 PM   #1
soggygrits

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss11
Default E for all

Hey,

I received a letter in the mail for a gaming event called E for All Expo. I never heard of this event before, and to my surprise, it's a lot cheaper than E3 it seems. Has anyone ever been there before, or have any information about it?

E For All Expo
soggygrits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:21 PM   #2
fullmetal84

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss54

E for All is a new convention that is opening for the first time this year. It was created in response to the downsizing of E3. I believe it was created by the company owning GamePro Magazine, and it is meant to be in the form of the E3 of recent years past. If you google "E for All," I'm sure you'll come up with some informative hits.

-Jon
fullmetal84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 01:38 PM   #3
soggygrits

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss11

hi fullmetal,

so E4All is a new concept? From what I have read, it sounds like a good opportunity to take advantage of. I want to relocate West anyway, and I would love to do some serious face-to-face networking. Now I have to figure out how I can pay to go there
Old 08-15-2007, 01:58 PM   #4
fullmetal84

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss54

It may be a little late to fully consider this option, but there is also the Austin Game Developers Conference(Austin GDC) coming up September 5-7. They, too, have a Career Guide seminar where you can network with industry professionals(including Marc Mencher, I've come to find out) and learn what companies are looking for in order to hire fresh blood. If you check out their website at http://austingdc.net, you can find lots of information about registration and what is taking place. I plan on attending, and I can perhaps give an account of what it was like upon my return.

-Jon Manafi
Old 08-16-2007, 04:10 AM   #5
soggygrits

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss11

That is something worth looking into, but I doubt I will make that one because of my job schedule If you are going to Austin, please share your experiences. E for All is also planning a Game Career Seminar. I also have more to do in LA as far as visiting studios, dropping off portfolios, and such. I'll most likely go there.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:33 AM   #6
fullmetal84

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss54

I know that LA is more like the epicenter of the game industry over here, but you'd be surprised at the number of studios in Austin. Granted, not all are the large-scale developers that are always plastered on the news sites, but there are a good number located in Austin. Another user on this forum had posted a link a while back to gamedevmap.com, which is a useful tool. It has a listing of developers and publishers broken down by city, so you can see who is located where. I recommend giving it a look...I know I have been using it more often lately, and I love it.

-Jon