Old 07-31-2009, 10:06 AM   #1
Shakey

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss1
Default Portfolio Question

Hi All

I am new here and have been following the site for quite some time. My question is? I have been working on designing my game programming portfolio, It Is titled Will Smith's Game Programming Portfolio. Right now I am working in an industry, company, Time Warner Cable, I really don't to much care about, and I have other coding skills. I really want to take the leap into any coding/developing field, to get my feet wet. I am proficent with CSS, HTML, XHTML, PHP. So should I title my portfolio differently, say, Will Smith's Web and Game Programming Portfolio, or should I create a separate portfolio for game and web programming. The only thing with this is, I would need two domain names hosted, I think.

Here is a sample of my portfolio, remember it is just the beginning stages, please critque

http://www.williesmith.net
Shakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:16 PM   #2
Mariol

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss117

Hi Will!

Here's my brief advice.

I would first decide whether you want to pursue either a game programming or a web development career as this will effect what title you use for your portfolio.

If you do decide to make the portfolio focused more on game programming but you still want to demonstrate your other skills, why not just make an 'Other Skills' tab and put details of your web development work her. This will be cheaper than acquiring a new domain.

Lastly, don't forget to check the spelling on the site.

Hope that helps.

Junction 5 Studios | Twitter | Werdz Movies FB page
Mariol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:47 AM   #3
jwalters

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss142

Hi Will! I like your portfolio's design/style, but you definitely need some content; it is just a shell at this point.

I'm in a similar boat, actually. I've done some game/graphics development and have a portfolio started but I'm not ready for a gamedev job yet. So I've just called mine my "online portfolio" where I demo professional and game projects. My resume is currently tailored more towards general web development at this point because that is my primary skillset, and I'm hoping to focus my portfolio by placing my game projects tab above work projects once I have more to show