Old 11-01-2009, 10:13 AM   #21
Siberianhusky89

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezion View Post
@Adrir: I thought about that after lurking here long enough to see Sloper posting the same articles over and over. You could devise it pretty easily if you went through and tagged all of Sloper's articles with a few relevant keywords, then searched the user's posts for it.

You'd also want it to ascertain if the OP was asking for help though to prevent the Sloper bot from posting on every thread. Should be easy enough though...a list of words with relevant weights could be used by just scanning the OP for said words and posting if the sum is high enough.

@Siberian: You seem to be ignoring something obvious; you can do it yourself. And you'll also increase your chances of getting a game dev job drastically if you do.

I was programming when I was a year older than you. Albiet more simplistic stuff than a real time fighting game engine, I can guarentee you have the mental capabilities for it.
But I don't want to be a "jack of all trades". I REALLY suck at drawing which is a big problem and I hardly know how to program as it is. The only thing I know how to do is really basic stuff on Python, and that's really about it. I'm already even having a hard time trying to keep up with the class then, not to mention that I'm practicing many other things and studying up on Biology and how to take down Monsanto
Siberianhusky89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 04:43 PM   #22
tsloper
Super Moderator

Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1849

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberianhusky89 View Post
But I don't want to be a "jack of all trades". I REALLY suck at drawing which is a big problem and I hardly know how to program as it is. The only thing I know how to do is really basic stuff on Python, and that's really about it. I'm already even having a hard time trying to keep up with the class then, not to mention that I'm practicing many other things and studying up on Biology and how to take down Monsanto
OK. Have you read the resources you've been pointed to? If so, do you still have a question for us? If so, what is it exactly?

PLEASE do not use this website's PM feature to contact me.
tsloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:24 PM   #23
Siberianhusky89

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss156

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsloper View Post
OK. Have you read the resources you've been pointed to? If so, do you still have a question for us? If so, what is it exactly?
Well, I do understand it I believe. I have read it before, the question is, how do you recommend I find others that might be willing to work together in order to develop small games? (Indie groups) I mean, I know it'd help alot if I had something in my backround when it comes to games. Personally, I don't think I could do it all alone to be honest. I'm doing what I can, going to College, trying to major in what I want, but I don't expect everything to go my way or some crap, I just don't think I can do it alone is all. But don't worry, I have read the articles quite a bit and remember reading the harsher side of it "-_- The "Some of your ideas might never go through" part *Sigh*. But I'm not discouraged or anything, or else I wouldn't be here XD
Old 11-01-2009, 06:12 PM   #24
tsloper
Super Moderator

Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1849
Lightbulb

Siber wrote:

>how do you recommend I find others that might be willing to work together in order to develop small games? (Indie groups)

Any way you can. Probably better to work with locals (people you can get together with in person) rather than remotes (people all over the world).

>I'm doing what I can, going to College

Then start there. Find like-minded students, form a club or something.

This part (finding/forming an indie group) is completely up to you. Make sure you're all on the same page as to what to do together and why you're all doing it. A collaboration agreement is also probably necessary, unless the thing you're all working on is a for-credit school project.

PLEASE do not use this website's PM feature to contact me.
tsloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:17 PM   #25
Siberianhusky89

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss156

Thanks... I know some of my friends want to get into programming. I suck at drawing, so I'll need to find someone who's either A) Decent at it, or B) knows how to make 3D models... Anyhow, I have to work on my Python assignment T_T Ugh! Who knew making a text based game would be such a pain in the ass? XD