Old 04-15-2007, 06:52 AM   #1
BretWardle

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss10
Default Game Break Down Project

Hey Everyone,

I am currently spearheading an experimental project involving game evaluations and breakdowns. On my website I have a section called "The Book". I have developed an evaluation form for games of all genres, platforms, and styles. These forms are intended to be filled out by anyone, and focus on unique points of gameplay and use of game concepts (reads, maps, ramping, etc.). I intend to take all of the breakdowns and compile them into a PDF e-book of unique game concepts to help beginning designers with pre-production research. I am still finalizing the way the submissions work, but you can access the template on my site and email the finished product to me. If you would like to take part in this project please visit my website: www.BretWardle.com. I also host anyone’s free games, and a discussion forum there as well if you are interested.

Thanks,
Bret Wardle
BretWardle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:52 AM   #2
HagNasty
Super Moderator

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss123

Is there a size limit on your hosting? Could you add hosted games to your study? I'm very interested in finding others opinions on what I have worked on but mostly I know the people so there all say yea it's good but nothing constructive. We try to make small games in 1-3 month spans so if your willing, Ide love to hear your feedback.

C, C++, C#, Objective-C, Java, PHP, SQL, Javascript, Actionscript, HTML, CSS
HagNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:01 PM   #3
Darklite

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss6
Thumbs up Have an Idea

HagNasty

If you have product that needs review or critique, let me know. I am a Indie developer and my programmer son would be willing to provide constructive reports in exchange for the same from you as our present project moves forward. We together maybe can start a more comprehensible review and reporting program for all developers, designers and creative types. Should Bret want to include our findings and reports into his study, I am sure something can be arranged..

Let me know

Kenneth L. Gibbs
Founder / NV Gamez

Passion Drives What Knowledge Provides
Darklite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:58 AM   #4
BretWardle

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss10

HagNasty,

I do not have a size limit persay on my site... I upkeep the site myself however and I am guessing I am not technically saavy enough to set up the hosted games. I would love to post the game in my games section if it is free to play, If this is something you are interested in please see my site for details. As far as the game evaluation forms, they can be filled out by anyone, about any game... You can download the template and distribute it with your game for anyone to fill out to help you rifine the project. I myself would love to play it and let you know what I think.

Bret Wardle
BretWardle is offline   Reply With Quote