Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 12:36 PM   #41
bob

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss297

Protector,

that looks pretty good. Could you tell me (or give me a link to a tutorial describing) the steps I have to take to get my swf online like that? I tried to upload the normal swf file to the site but it didn't work. Do I have to do something special to it? Like "export" something?

Thanks,
Bob
Old 05-02-2010, 09:05 PM   #42
Nilbmar

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss26

Yea, that was to be one of the additions. Reorganizing the UI, creating menu with a how-to section,

The little text boxes, and the tall one at the end are just for punctuation. (I didn't get to the Journal function either.)

Each of the longer boxes correspond to one of the stats...the first is strength, intel, constitution, wisdom and dexterity in that order. Only the str, int and wis have any effect in that demo. Str will bust down the door, intel extends your line of sight distance, wisdom extends the range of your sight. (For them to play out how it should, those three stats need to be atleast at 12 each.

I also didn't get around to a reset button, I'm gonna work on that in the morning and hopefully have a better one uploaded before the end of the day.

The point is to write a story about Pawk's misadventures. I think I'm gonna rename it to Postmortem Pawk: What Went Wrong? because so many things are missing from it.

And dang, I can't play anything flash on here...dialup. If I go to upload a revision I'll test it out on that computer.

Last edited by Nilbmar : 05-02-2010 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 05-03-2010, 03:16 AM   #43
Protector one

Activity Longevity
2/20 17/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss695

Bob, simply embedding the swf in an html page usually works (unless you're using external resources). I used Flash's built-in "publish" functionality to spit out html with my swf embedded, and uploaded it to a personal web site.
You could also upload your swf to a site like http://swfme.com. Pretty easy solution, that.

Nilbmar, that makes some things a little clearer. I'll give it another go when I get back from work.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:35 AM   #44
Claxon

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss345

My game can be found here: http://secondconflict.com/sketchlemmings/
I'll edit posts etc later (maybe tomorrow) short on time right now
Old 05-03-2010, 09:26 AM   #45
Protector one

Activity Longevity
2/20 17/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss695

Concept-wise, I quite like it: Lemmings meets Canvas Curse. Unfortunately, the game slows down to a crawl on my poor old laptop, as soon as I start drawing a line. Couldn't even finish the second level on this machine. :/
Old 05-03-2010, 09:37 AM   #46
Protector one

Activity Longevity
2/20 17/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss695

Nilbmar, is there currently any way to get a different outcome? I feel like "the game is masturbating", to quote Penny Arcade. :P

Oh and by the way, the swf file for PewPew Lazor! is only 40kb, so it should load pretty fast, even on dial-up.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:48 AM   #47
Nilbmar

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss26

http://www.box.net/shared/c2l7xjviiz

Changed the UI around, theres a scroll giving you some information on startup and you can reset the level.

LOL, That is awesome. And yes, Pawk is masturbating. I don't like the indirect control for this game at all but I wanted to post -something-.

After this I'm going back to the text directly controlling the character and adding puzzle pieces. I'm thinking of simple machines that you combine to create weapons or solve puzzles, what do ya'll think?
Old 05-03-2010, 12:04 PM   #48
Nilbmar

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss26

I can already tell I'm going to be obsessed with Pew Pew Lazor, something for the Lemmings is taking a while for me to download (XNA redistributable I think.)
Old 05-03-2010, 12:15 PM   #49
Protector one

Activity Longevity
2/20 17/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss695

Wow, thanks! (I'll take it as a compliment.)
Old 05-03-2010, 05:56 PM   #50
Killerapathy

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss23

Well my game doesn't have correct top-down collision or the power ups I was hoping to add but all the functionality is there. Spent too much time on the message/event system and states. Anyways, hope you enjoy it a bit.

Here's the link
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D1KZ2DPB
Closed Thread