Get the latest Education e-news

Old 05-23-2010, 05:52 PM   #1
Huogo Furi

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss27
Default Hiya everyone

It's been a while >.> not sure anyone really remembers me XD, I was only here for a short time and disappeared to focus on staying on task at school. Regardless of that, how has everyone been for the past 4 months?
Huogo Furi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:18 AM   #2
Adrir
Administrator

Activity Longevity
1/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1466

Hey Huogo - I've been alright. I recently finished my exams for the year (yay) so I'm just chilling and enjoying what little Sun I can before the typical weather returns here in the UK. I started reading "Pervasive Games: Experiences on the Boundary Between Life & Play" earlier this week and so far it's pretty interesting.

How about yourself?
Old 05-24-2010, 03:54 AM   #3
Huogo Furi

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss27

I've been great (for the most part at least). Made it through my AP Tests and now all that's left are my AP Calculus, and AP Psychology finals. Aside from that I'm back to making my way through my piles of coding books (I'd like to go down a design / production path in gaming, but I figure learning code can't hurt). Going back to the beginning of some of the stuff to refresh my memory, learned that one doesn't really forget entirely lol.

I also decided to take advise from someone on the site (who's name escapes me atm) to build a small team, to build games with, as it'd make the production time less and one could accomplish more. Got an artist, and my other friend doesn't have a say in the matter since he said he wants to learn coding, he's going to learn! =D
Old 05-24-2010, 04:22 PM   #4
Adrir
Administrator

Activity Longevity
1/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1466

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huogo Furi View Post
I've been great...I'd like to go down a design / production path in gaming, but I figure learning code can't hurt...
Awesome. It can't really go wrong when you pursuit your own intellectual interests. In my experiences, people whom have dabbled in several disciplines are very good communicators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huogo Furi View Post
I also decided to take advise from someone on the site (who's name escapes me atm) to build a small team, to build games with, as it'd make the production time less and one could accomplish more.
Cool. Just keep making stuff and don't stress yourself out. Also, be careful not to fall into the trap of waiting on people for too long or only just talking about making a game.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:02 PM   #5
Huogo Furi

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss27

I'm going to have to be a great communicator though lol. My end goal atm (not sure that I'll really stop here, but at the moment it seems like a good place to stop my goals) is to be a Creative Director.

I'll keep that in mind, though I find it relaxing to think about building games / actually building them. As for waiting too long for people, I need to think of ways I can motivate my friend to actually be proactive about coding lol