Old 07-20-2010, 07:55 PM   #1
LRomel

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss11
Default Looking for Resume Feedback

It's been about two months since I graduated with a BFA in illustration
and I've been applying pretty constantly to any art position I feel qualified to do.
After not hearing back anything from anyone whatsoever, I'm pretty sure it's time I get a second opinion on my resume.
I've shown my resume to previous teachers who all thought it was good to go but after reading a few articles about resumes geared towards the gaming industry I'm pretty sure that's not the case.
anyways here's the link to it:

http://www.inkboxx.com/luka_romel_resume.pdf

I've been submitting this resume to 2d/3d art jobs like character artist and marketing artist.

could really use some help! thanks!

Last edited by LRomel : 07-20-2010 at 07:58 PM.
LRomel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:19 AM   #2
yaustar
Administrator

Activity Longevity
2/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2244

Do you have a portfolio?
yaustar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:33 AM   #3
Adrir
Administrator

Activity Longevity
2/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1459

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaustar View Post
Do you have a portfolio?
It's actually at the top of the resume - http://inkboxx.com/

@Luka:

Perhaps your website link could be emphasised a little more effectively?

Last edited by Adrir : 07-21-2010 at 04:35 AM.
Adrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:29 AM   #4
LRomel

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss11

Good Idea, maybe I'll list it in bold? But what I've been doing for my applications is providing a link to both my portfolio and resume.
I'm concerned about the descriptions I give for my work experiences. Are they too long? Are the relevant enough?
Should I separate my software knowledge (ex:list my skill level such as basic-expert?) or should I only list software I'm an expert in?
Is the layout easy to read?

Last edited by LRomel : 07-21-2010 at 07:37 AM.
LRomel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:11 AM   #5
SkooterinEb

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss49

I like the layout of your resume. It's very clear to follow, though it did take a second to find your website and email. Maybe putting it in a slightly larger font, or bold. I would put it first, the put your address under it in about 2pt smaller font.

But definitely order your software knowledge in relevance of the job your looking for, and putting how well you know each one couldn't hurt.
SkooterinEb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:13 AM   #6
SkooterinEb

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss49

I like the layout of your resume. It's very clear to follow, though it did take a second to find your website and email. Maybe putting it in a slightly larger font, or bold. I would put it first, the put your address under it in about 2pt smaller font.

But definitely order your software knowledge in relevance of the job your looking for, and putting how well you know each one couldn't hurt.
SkooterinEb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:59 AM   #7
thecore95

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss16

I think you should have an amazing drawing to put up for people that wows the minute you come on the page. I could see a HR coming on your page and quickly loosing interest because its so dark. I'm no professional on the matter I just think you should have something that grabs attention and I agree about increasing the font size also.
thecore95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:57 PM   #8
JW1NC

Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss40

I don't know what you've been told by your teachers about how to present your resume in a professional manner but it seems to me since you're applying for a position as an artist it should be all about the art right off the rip, like someone else said. I would assume potential employers would care a little more about what you can do, rather then where you learned how to do it.

If that was my work I would use the hand holding the apple as my logo of sorts, put my name and maybe some other info on the apple. That is a sick drawing. The size of the hand and the fingers and nails in contrast to the size of the wrist is awesome. Its just a hand holding an apple but its menacing, I really dig that one. Your other work is great as well; get peoples attention with it first and then let them worry about your internships and schooling.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:19 PM   #9
watergoat06

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss31

Remove the "References available" blurb. It's completely unnecessary because employers already know you have them.
watergoat06 is offline   Reply With Quote