Get the latest Education e-news

Old 09-19-2007, 04:01 AM   #1
soggygrits

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss11
Default Job Recruiter

I read the GCG article about the Job Recruiter, it was very informative. What are the best job recruiters out there that you would recommend? I have visited Greenlight Jobs, and Mary-Margaret online before. Those are the only two companies I can think of. There was also a mention about Monster.com, you would not recommend using them? Does the same goes for CareerBuilder, Yahoo Jobs!, and other mainstream job-recruitment companies?

Thanks!
soggygrits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:13 AM   #2
jillduffy
Administrator

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss421
Default Recruiters vs. Job Ad boards

Hey Soggy,
I think you might be too closely associating recruiters with job ad boards.

A recruiter is a person who finds you a job. That's what Marc Mencher does. A job board is like Monster.com -- a repository of job ads where you, an individual looking for a job, can read through the available jobs in your geographic area or field of study. It's like the wanted ads in the newspapers years ago.

The biggest job board site for game development is Gamasutra.com (www.gamasutra.com). Look on the left side as you scroll down and you'll see a link to the jobs section.

I would recommend game industry people to look on Gamasutra, and maybe also the most popular geographically local job board (in the San Francisco area, for example, this would be Craigslist.org) first.

Other sites that post ads for game industry jobs include Gamedev.net and Gamesindustry.biz.

Anyone else have a recommended site?