Get the latest Education e-news

Old 08-06-2010, 07:45 PM   #1
StevenCz

Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss2
Default Game Designer Hopeful

Hi, I'm new here the name's Steven Czerpak. If you know my by another name it's probably Zeo. I use to dabble in Graphic Arts, but never really keep me too happy. I'm looking to become a Game Designer. I'm looking into Full Sail's Online Game Design Bachelor Degree, and then either their Game Development Bachelor Degree, or going straight to the Game Design Master Degree. I'm looking for information on these programs and the school, or other idea's for schools, and things. I know Full Sail can be hard to handle with their hours, but I'd love a better insight into the programs.
StevenCz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:50 AM   #2
Gshonk

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss831

Hi there Zeo and welcome to the Forums!! I graduated from FS a few years ago when it was still the Game Design and Development degree. The development degree is mostly programming (80%) so maybe not the best if you aren't interested in programming. I don't know a ton about the other two degrees but I'm sure they are getting to be pretty solid. It usually takes a few years for FS's degrees to really get ironed out.

NOTE: I'm a designer now, I graduated and left the school for a game programmer position and then moved to a full time design role. The school does teach you some awesome design skills in the Development degree but most of what got me my current role was self taught/learned from friends in the industry.
Gshonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 04:59 PM   #3
StevenCz

Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss2

Thanks for the reply Gshonk. Well, I'm a tad interested in programming... Honestly... I really wanna know as much as possible and be as versatile as I can be for job hunting... Any help would be awesome... Points to tutorials, or programs, or stuff like that that can help me kind of start preparing.
StevenCz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 06:11 PM   #4
tsloper
Super Moderator

Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1871

If you want to learn programming, read this: http://www.gamedev.net/community/for...sp?forum_id=31

PLEASE do not use this website's PM feature to contact me.
tsloper is offline   Reply With Quote