Go Back   Game Career Guide Forums > Other > Other/Off-Topic
Forum Home Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2010, 07:10 PM   #1
firestorm713

Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss1
Default Anyone know anything about RMCAD?

i accidentally clicked the wrong thread when I posted this initially...oops!

So before I get to my main questions, let me tell you about myself. I am a computer science student at Mesa State College, looking to get into a more art/design related field. Specifically, I want to get into 3D animation, 3D Modeling, and Game Art.
I found out about Rocky Mountain College of Art and Design through a friend looking to get into a similar field. I started poking around, but wasn't able to find a whole lot that wasn't directly from the website.
Here are the few things I was able to learn:
RMCAD is expensive - about $15,000 a semester to be exact
RMCAD is an art school - So lots of supplies and lots of work. Hours and hours of hard work.
RMCAD has no housing - Housing at RMCAD is handled through The Regency, the student housing place that University of Colorado at Denver, and Denver University use for housing.
RMCAD is very portfolio oriented - The 4000 level classes at RMCAD, as well as some of the 3000 level classes, are geared toward creating a professional portfolio, demo reel and other materials to help students get hired.

My main questions from here are simple, but important:
Are you or do you know someone who is a student at RMCAD?
If you're an employer, or you work somewhere in the digital art industry, has your firm/studio hired RMCAD alumni? How were they?
Is the education I'll get worth the $90,000 price tag it'll cost for 3 years of education?
firestorm713 is offline   Reply With Quote