Go Back   Game Career Guide Forums > Game Career Guide > Getting Started
Forum Home Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
CallMeSketchy

Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss1
Default Ringling College of Art and Design---Opinions, please!

Hi there,

I'm a senior who wants to become a Game Artist/Game Designer. I live in Washington so I've been considering Digipen and Art Institutes of Seattle.
I was pretty bent on going to the Art Institutes's Program until a little while ago, when I learned that their employability rate is substantially lower than Digipen's because their curriculum doesn't meet industry standards. :/

As an alternative to Digipen's super-expensive tuition, I was also considering Ringling College in Florida, because I have grandparents who live in Naples... but, I don't want to go there if their curriculum is no different than Art Institutes, because of moving costs... and the fact that Ringling's tuition is just a little bit higher than AI's...

So if anybody could provide me with their feedback about Ringling, It would be a big help.

Thanks!
CallMeSketchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:24 PM   #2
crazzyredhead

Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss1
Default Re: Ringling College of Art and Design---Opinions, please!

I go to Ringling and I can say we are not like the AI schools. Digipen is more coding and programming from what I heard. Ringling is a great school. You learn a lot about making games. Your senior year you make a playable game. http://www.ringling.edu/learn/studen...me-art-design/ that is a link to some of the games made. You will learn a lot about environments. I can say try visiting the school

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeSketchy View Post
Hi there,

I'm a senior who wants to become a Game Artist/Game Designer. I live in Washington so I've been considering Digipen and Art Institutes of Seattle.
I was pretty bent on going to the Art Institutes's Program until a little while ago, when I learned that their employability rate is substantially lower than Digipen's because their curriculum doesn't meet industry standards. :/

As an alternative to Digipen's super-expensive tuition, I was also considering Ringling College in Florida, because I have grandparents who live in Naples... but, I don't want to go there if their curriculum is no different than Art Institutes, because of moving costs... and the fact that Ringling's tuition is just a little bit higher than AI's...

So if anybody could provide me with their feedback about Ringling, It would be a big help.

Thanks!
crazzyredhead is offline   Reply With Quote