Forum Home Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2012, 08:18 AM   #1
Destin Bales

Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss24
Default "How Do I Get a Job in the Gaming Industry?"

As a veteran game developer I have been asked this question repeatedly over the years, and I've thoroughly enjoyed helping others learn ways to get there. The request would come randomly - a friend of the family, a buddy from high school, a student at the local college, even the dental assistant at my dentist office. Each time I would craft lengthy emails sharing advice and offering to help them in any way I can. For some unknown reason though I rarely saved that information and had to re-write it each time.

After receiving this request last week from a twelve year old player of one of our games I was inspired by his passion to learn (and frankly his intelligence) and decided to finally do more. Hence this site has been born:

http://www.ineedtomakegames.com/

My hope is that over time this site can provide an interactive experience where students and professionals passionate about pursuing a job in the industry can come and get valuable feedback and guidance from existing and former developers via the comments and discussion section.

What do you think? Is this worthy of making the "Invaluable Reads" list here? And if not, what can I do to improve the site so that it is.

Thanks so much for your feedback!

- Destin
Destin Bales is offline   Reply With Quote