Old 03-01-2012, 08:45 AM   #1
jose2090

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss18
Post International interships?

Hi everyone!

My name is Jose Striedinger, Im an undergraduate Computer Science student at University of Los Andes in Bogota/Colombia. Is my dream to become a game developer adn right know Im looking for interships to take on the next semestre. In terms of game development, things advancing pretty good in my country. A company names Brainz is currently evaluating me to see if I can apply to their internship (to work with Unity3D programming), the IGDA Colombia chapter started like a year ago and, well, new opportunites are arising in the local market. I´m also very active and I like indie dev (I was in the last GGJ)

Anyway, I´m looking for the possibility the enter an international internship program. My university is very good (top 500 in Times) and I have good grades. I was wondering if the people in this forum could help me with this. Currently a friend in EA is helping me to look at international internships there. I would really appreaciate your help!

This is my dream and if you think is hard to enter the game industry in the US just think how hard it is in latin america.

lol post is getting to long. Hope you can help me out! thanks in advance!
Here´s the link to my website in case you wann check it out: http://gamenthusiast.co.cc
University of Los Andes
Bogota-Colombia

"You want something, go get it. Period"
Check out my personal web page/portafolio at http://gamenthusiast.co.cc
jose2090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:54 AM   #2
tsloper
Super Moderator

Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1849
Default Re: International interships?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose2090 View Post
I would really appreaciate your help!
I couldn't find a question in your post, Jose. There's a question mark in your subject line, but no clear question was asked.

Quote:
if you think is hard to enter the game industry in the US just think how hard it is in latin america.
If you think THOSE are hard, it's even harder to get an internship in another country. What is your plan? What is your question?

PLEASE do not use this website's PM feature to contact me.
tsloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:29 PM   #3
Destin Bales

Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss24
Default Re: International interships?

I took a look at your website and it's quite nice. One bit of advice I have though is to remove the explicit language in your "Leave Comments" section. That could potentially turn off a potential employer in the future.

I recently blogged about the challenges of hiring foreign developers in the US here:

http://www.ineedtomakegames.com/blog...evelopers.html

I'm not certain as to whether or not this applies to internships or not. Regardless though it might be good info to have as you explore this further.

Good luck!
Destin Bales is offline   Reply With Quote