Get the latest Education e-news

Old 03-13-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
Anonymity

Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss1
Default Hey guys

Im someone who is 19, doesen't have a job, hasnt gone to college yet. And is trying to figure out what I want to do. I've done alot of thought into it and I want to get into game design. But here is my idea in particular, i've wanted to make a MobA (A subgenre of gaming that is like League of Legends or DotA).

But the problem is I have my own vision of it, I want to make a moba based on the Warhammer 40k universe. But I don't know where I would start, I would be the visionary of the project. And would go to college to learn what skills I would need to put this idea on track.

What am I looking for and what education would I need to get it. Would I create have to create my own company to achieve this? Theirs alot I want to do but just not enough knowledge on the subject.
Anonymity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:30 PM   #2
tsloper
Super Moderator

Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss1882
Default Re: Hey guys

Ano,
You should get a degree for sure. And you need a plan for how you'll break into the industry and eventually move up to Game Designer. Because Game Designer is not an entry-level position.
And it's not recommended that you create a company right out of college, but rather get a job in the industry first.
Go on my site (see my signature), click the yellow box, then read FAQs 3, 7, 34, 44, and 29 for starters.

PLEASE do not use this website's PM feature to contact me.
tsloper is offline   Reply With Quote