Forum Home Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2008, 01:49 PM   #11
kelseysginger

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss1
Default Hello all!

My mentor, AlohaJohn, told me about this site and I'm here (as John is) to help people discover how to market video games.
We will be able to release full information next week regarding what we have to offer you.
In the meantime, best of luck in all your ventures!
kg
kelseysginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:49 PM   #12
e_scott45

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss2
Default What happened here?

Is anyone still interested in this topic? I know I am!! Almost a spot on situation here, as I am a current marketing student graduating soon with my eye on the world of video games. Any specific knowledge on this? What companies, experience, whatever would be appreciated. I think we should just create a marketing team ourselves, eh? EH?!
e_scott45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:17 PM   #13
phunnylaugh

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss1

I stumbled across this forum today and am very interested in this topic! I hope someone can give advice or information on this soon.
phunnylaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 04:18 AM   #14
e_scott45

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss2
Default So what's up?

Does anyone have anything to say? I mean, we all want to know or talk about SOMETHING that has to do with marketing video games... Sooooo what do we talk about? Should I talk about how I feel I would be a valuable asset to any marketing team that deals with video games, or how we should just start our own? I mean, let's start somewhere people or a potentially awesome thread may become unclaimed and disregarded...
e_scott45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 04:56 AM   #15
Adrir
Administrator

Activity Longevity
2/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1460

With the exception of viral-advertising on YouTube and taking advantage of gamer culture - how is marketing video games different to marketing conventional products?
Old 01-12-2009, 10:34 PM   #16
wonderboyjohnny

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss1

I am also pursuing a degree in marketing, and stumbled across this thread while trying to learn more about how to get my foot in the door working for a publisher or something of the sort. I went ahead and registered; I hope someone has some good info!
wonderboyjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:50 AM   #17
glennw

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss1
Post Marketing and Games

I think the first thing to realise is that you donít have to work for a video games company to market video games.

As a recent graduate I have joined a social media marketing agency and am getting to work on various games projects as well as other things. In fact working for a non-video games company can prove advantageous as you have plenty of market knowledge that other people in the company may not have. The other advantage I'm finding is that being on the outside means you get to speak to and work with a lot of different companies and people, which broadens your horizons for future job opportunities and makes the work more interesting.

So from my experience I wouldn't limit yourself to just looking at video games companies for a marketing job, try and find a marketing agency that do work on video games.

Glenn, Qube Media
glennw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:58 AM   #18
ssuriben408

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss2

Do you guys think there is still a demand for video game marketers despite the global crisis? Also what other marketing and advertising agencies are out there who have video game clients? In regards to starting a professional video game marketing group (for the purpose of learning, mentoring, networking, etc. with other video game marketers), I'm for it. How do we start one?
ssuriben408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:04 PM   #19
Adrir
Administrator

Activity Longevity
2/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1460

I'm not so sure that the entertainment sector has really been hit that hard by the current economic situation. I've always had the impression that entertainment is fairly recession proof. Even during the Great Depression - people still went in droves to the theatres!

I'm not an economics expert though...
Old 07-08-2009, 03:02 AM   #20
yaustar
Administrator

Activity Longevity
1/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2244

Nothing in your CV or covering letter told what job you were applying for or why you wanted to work for the company you are applying to.
yaustar is offline   Reply With Quote