- 'What's the best game dev educational resource you've ever used?'
There's a lot of great educational resources out there that can help you refine your game development skills -- the trouble is knowing where to look.
- The future of being a video game producer
Harvard Bonin (senior producer, God of War: Ascension) lays out what it will take to be a producer for triple-A games now and in the future.
- Blog: Just say no to employment tests
"This is not professional. It's exploitation. It's taking food off your table and doing free work for competitors. It's stealing your life. Time. Time you could be spending with people that like you."
- Blog: Working in the game industry - A job to die for?
"After worrying that my boyfriend had fallen asleep at the wheel and crashed his car, we agreed on a compromise. He'd work his 20 hours of crunch a week by staying over two nights a week at a cheap hotel."
- AIAS opens submissions for 2014 scholarships aimed at game makers
The Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences, perhaps best known for hosting the annual DICE Awards, has begun accepting applications for the organization's Randy Pausch and Mark Beaumont scholarships.
- Epic radically changes licensing model for Unreal Engine
Today at GDC, the Epic founder showcased Unreal Engine 4, and noted that it's going to a subscription model -- $19 a month, with devs Epic paying royalties on shipped games.
Cogswell College – a small, prestigious institution in the heart of Silicon Valley – recognizes that our fast changing global economy demands an education that fosters a real-world, team-centered approach to learning.