- Epic talks tools, tech and future of UE4 at upcoming U.K. dev day
Unreal Engine 4 subscribers can now register for a free ticket to Epic's next Unreal Developer Days event, which will take place next week -- April 17 -- at Staffordshire University in the U.K.
- AIAS opens submissions for 2014 scholarships aimed at game makers
The Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences, perhaps best known for hosting the annual DICE Awards, has begun accepting applications for the organization's Randy Pausch and Mark Beaumont scholarships.
- Epic radically changes licensing model for Unreal Engine
Today at GDC, the Epic founder showcased Unreal Engine 4, and noted that it's going to a subscription model -- $19 a month, with devs Epic paying royalties on shipped games.
- New GDC 2014 Career Center offers fresh networking opportunities
Show organizers highlight the updated GDC Career Center, which offers sessions and meeting opportunities to help new and seasoned developers alike kickstart their careers in the game industry.
- Get a job: Sucker Punch is hiring a Gameplay Programmer
InFamous: Second Son developer Sucker Punch is looking to hire a gameplay programmer to work alongside the team in the studio's Bellevue, WA office.
- Get a job: Amazon Game Studios seeks a Senior Graphics Developer
Amazon is looking to hire an experienced developer to work on graphics engine technology alongside artists and designers at the Amazon Game Studios office in Seattle, WA.
Guildhall at SMU
The Guildhall at Southern Methodist University is the premier graduate video game education program in the United States. The program offers a Master's Degree in Interactive Technology and a Graduate Certification.