- Brenda and John Romero to head up new game design master's program
Computer game developer heavyweights Brenda Romero (Wizardry) and John Romero (Doom) are leading a new 12-month intensive game design program at the University of California at Santa Cruz.
- Execution Labs incubator offers new financing for graduates
Incubator Execution Labs is bringing its partners directly to its upcoming graduates through a new convertible note program, designed to help teams survive the first months toward profitability.
- A peek inside one particularly ambitious student dev project
In this reprint from the final (June/July 2013) issue of Game Developer magazine, Alexandra Hall interviews two members of the 38-person USC student game Tales from the Minus Lab.
- MIT's Einsteinian game engine goes open source
MIT Game Lab's OpenRelativity engine, designed to educate players on Einstein's special relativity through the title A Slower Speed of Light, has gone open source for developers.
- Art Works webinar coming up on May 30th
A new webinar from the National Endowment for the Arts will be held later this month for prospective applicants of 2013's Art Works grant.
- Warren Spector teams with University of Texas for new game school
The University of Texas at Austin is joining forces with Warren Spector (Epic Mickey) and Paul Sams (COO, Blizzard) to found a new game design school, the Denius-Sams Gaming Academy.
DAVE School (The Digital Animation & Visual Effects School)
What separates the DAVE School from all other schools is our teaching philosophy. We design our programs by listening carefully to the top studios as they share what they need from entry level employees. We then build a program to give you those skills.