- College students in Sheffield, UK gain access to dozens of PS4 dev kits
Sheffield Hallam University has opened the world's largest PlayStation educational facility, complete with 34 PS4 dev kits, adding to their existing suite of PS3 and PS Vita dev kits.
- Submit your games!: A tip from the 2014 Game Career Guide
In this edition, Rami Ismail of Luftrausers developer Vlambeer offers some advice for indies and student developers: step up and submit your game to every festival and award show you can!
- Finish your jam games!: A tip from the 2014 Game Career Guide
In this edition, Frog Fractions developer Jim Crawford offers some advice for indies and student developers: finish your jam games!
- Autodesk makes game dev tools free to schools, students worldwide
Maya, 3ds Max, and many other game dev tools are now free to students and teachers at secondary and university levels.
- Study: Girls made more complex games than boys, liked dev less
Students in UK schools were tasked with using visual scripting to create games in the Neverwinter Nights 2 engine -- to help teach them computational thinking.
- Get ready for another Train Jam game jam in 2015
Tickets for the second annual Train Jam, which will once again take place across 52 hours on a train from Chicago to San Francisco in advance of GDC 2015, are expected to go on sale today.
DigiPen Institute of Technology
Founded in 1988, DigiPen Institute of Technology has been a pioneer in interactive entertainment education for offering the first Bachelorís degree in video game programming in North America.