- Warren Spector teams with University of Texas for new game school
The University of Texas at Austin is joining forces with Warren Spector (Epic Mickey) and Paul Sams (COO, Blizzard) to found a new game design school, the Denius-Sams Gaming Academy.
- Leaving AAA: Why Naughty Dog's star designer became a teacher
"Game developers should not walk but run towards their nearest academic institution," says Richard Lemarchand, design lead on Uncharted 3 who in 2012 left AAA to teach game design.
- NYU and EVO team up for competitive game design scholarship
A new scholarship for NYU Game Center seeks to support game design students active in the fighting game community.
- GDC 2013 announces winners for Game Narrative poster sessions
GDC and the Game Narrative Summit have debuted the 2013 Student Narrative Analysis Competition winners, who all receive passes to this year's March conference in San Francisco, CA.
- GDC 2013 Education Summit adds curriculum 'deathmatch,' industry-academia collab panels
GDC 2013 organizers highlight three new talks for its Education Summit in the March conference, including a panel on commercial and educational collaboration and a "deathmatch" of game design curricula.
- Get a job: Telltale and others hiring now on the Gamasutra jobs board
In the latest postings over the last seven days, Gamasutra's jobs board plays host to roles in every major discipline, including opportunities at Telltale, Infinity Ward, Sucker Punch, and others.
The Art Institutes System of Schools
At The Art Institutes, we understand that great games start with great ideas. You just need the skills to bring your inspiration to life. Our media arts programs give you the tools and the experience you need to get started on the career you really want.