- 4 Steps Your Game Needs to Follow to Succeed
Felipe Lara outlines a path to success by keeping players engaged, connected, and invested throughout your game's development.
- The Financial Reality of Being Indie and Doing Just Okay
March of the Living creator Dave Toulouse outlines the reality of living as a full-time indie developer, offering hints regarding financial expectations and career unpredictability.
- On Iterating Your Game Pitch
Need help selling your game concept? Luis Diaz explains how his team iterated its pitch and found its niche with A Place for the Unwilling.
- Writing Tips: Your Essential Style Guide and Library
Danny Wadeson recommends several books that will make you a better writer, many of which are available free of charge.
- Game Design Challenge: The Gift That Keeps On Giving
The holiday season is here, and shoppers worldwide are on the hunt for the perfect gifts for their loved ones. Can you design a game that employs gift-giving as a primary mechanic?
- Learning from Failure: The Swarm Postmortem
Javier Ansoleaga reflects on the failure of a recently canceled project, explaining how his team's missteps became valuable lessons.