- Why I quit the PhD program at MIT to start a gaming studio
Elyot Grant explains his team's decision to abandon the PhD program at MIT in order to found independent developer Lunarch Studios.
- Chance and Skill in Game Design
Instructor Lennart Nacke outlines that careful balance developers must strike between skill and chance in game design.
- Team Project: The Survival Guide #1
Alex Johansson highlights the top killers of collaborative projects in this enlightening feature focusing on team dynamics.
- Game Design Challenge: Winter Wonderland
How do icy settings affect gameplay? Game Career Guide challenges its readers to draft a game that takes place in a wintry landscape for its latest Game Design Challenge.
- Results from Game Design Challenge: Unsensible Sports
Game Career Guide's readers tackle the sports genre with designs for fictional sports that are well-suited for video game adaptations.
- Postmortem: Identity
Michael Quist details the development of Identity, a third-person stealth game created by a 14-person team at SMU Guildhall.