- Your Résumé, and Applying for Game Jobs
Industry veteran Phil Goddard tells job-seekers how to tailor a résumé for a career in game development, giving tips to newcomers looking to stand out in a crowded field.
- Devising a formula for defining 'casual' and 'hardcore'
Brian Keschinger devises a theory for defining what constitutes "casual" and "hardcore" gameplay through experience through an experience-driven study.
- Reality Ends Here: Season 3 Postmortem
Narrative designer Kevin Wong examines the third season of his ARG Reality Ends Here, highlighting successful elements while detailing the pitfalls he faced along the way.
- Game Design Challenge: Seeing Isn't Believing
For many gamers, blindness and other visual impairments hinder their ability to enjoy games. Can you design a game that is fully playable by visually impaired players?
- Game Developer Salary Survey 2013
Game Developer magazine presents its 12th annual Salary Survey, tracking pay rates across multiple industry fields and comparing salaries across regions and educational backgrounds.
- Results from Game Design Challenge: Touché!
Touché, Stanina, and other input technologies have the potential to transform how games are played. Our readers weigh in with game designs that revolve around the creative use of household objects.