- Lessons of Game Design Learned from Super Mario Maker
Josh Bycer explains how experimenting with Nintendo's DIY platformer Super Mario Maker can have an impact on how you approach game design.
- The Bridal Rhyme Creative Process
Something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue. How can this rhyme be applied to game design? Rodrigo Alem Fernandez explains.
- What Programming Language Should You Learn for Game Development?
Bjørn Furuknap outlines the process involved in choosing a programming language and learning how to solve problems within the realm of code.
- Game Design Challenge: Passion for Fashion
While many games feature in-depth character customization options, gameplay mechanics involving design and style are infrequently seen. Can you fashion a fashionable game?
- From Scratch to PAX in Four Months: Building The Rust Belt
Patrick Morgan explains how his team assembled a playable prototype of The Rust Belt in preparation for a public showing at PAX.
- Results from Game Design Challenge: Passive Aggression
Game Career Guide's readers treat pacifism as a core gameplay mechanic in these winning entries for our latest Game Design Challenge.