- Start your own game company right: Advice from the 2015 Game Career Guide
In this edition, the founder of MK-Ultra Games offers advice for fellow indie game makers starting their own companies: take it seriously, get your paperwork straight, and don't spend your own money!
- NYU Game Center brings on Naomi Clark, Mitu Khandaker-Kokoris
The acclaimed game development program headed by Frank Lantz has announced the addition of two new well-known faculty to its lineup.
- Check out the 2015 Game Career Guide right now!
Hey developers! Looking to advance your career in the game industry? The free annual Game Career Guide for 2015 is out now, and its packed with insight to help industry newcomers and veterans alike.
- Watch your favorite GDC talks now on the new GDC YouTube channel
Game Developers Conference officials are very excited to announce the launch of an official GDC YouTube channel where you can watch clips of game industry experts sharing knowledge with their peers.
- You can get U.S. government grant money for your educational game
“Eight years ago, our program’s portfolio didn’t include a single educational-themed game or project. Today, about half of those projects are educational games.”
- New $50k contest challenges Cocos2d-x devs to make Windows games
Microsoft and Chukong, makers of the cross-platform open-source Cocos-2dx game engine, are running a contest with $50k in prizes for developers who submit mobile games to the Windows Store.
Sheridan College - Canada's largest art school and long recognized for excellence in animation, offers 2, 1-year post-graduate programs: Game Level Design, Game Development - Advanced Programming; and 2 BA programs: Game Design and Interaction Design.