- UC Irvine to launch eSports scholarships for League of Legends
The University of California at Irvine is launching a big eSports initiative this fall, with backing from League of Legends developer Riot Games and PC gaming seller iBuyPower.
- Serious Sam dev Croteam releases classic engine source code
If you want to see what made the first two games in the Serious Sam franchise, released in 2001 and 2002 tick, here's your chance.
- Faceware rolls out free, non-commercial tools for educational use
Middleware maker Faceware is rolling out a slew of changes to its business this week that include a new 'Personal Learning Edition' that's completely free -- for individual, non-commercial use.
- Come to the GDC 2016 Game Career Seminar to kickstart your career
GDC 2016 organizers highlight notable sessions in this year's Game Career Seminar, which features career guidance talks and advice from game industry veterans and successful newcomers alike.
- The Comeback: Why Warren Spector is making games again
"I wanted to make sure I didn't become one of those teachers who used to make games." After years away, veteran game designer Warren Spector tells Gamasutra why he's itching to make games again.
- Former Eidos CEO Ian Livingstone to open new UK computer science academies
Games Workshop co-founder and former Eidos CEO, Ian Livingstone, is opening two free UK schools to help the next generation get to grips with computer science, technology, and the arts.
Centre for Digital Media
The Master of Digital Media is Canada’s first professional graduate program in digital media. Housed at the Centre for Digital Media in Vancouver BC, this intensive program engages students in real world projects and provides top industry connections.