- Opinion: What can game devs learn from 19th century art?
Nineteenth century artist Gustave Caillebotte showed how old methods could be used to tackle new subjects in a stunningly expressive way. Game devs can do the same, says columnist Katherine Cross.
- Use limitations to make great game art: Advice from the 2015 Game Career Guide
In this edition, game developer and artist Randy O'Connor offers advice on making art for games within the limits of your abilities, budget and time. Those limitations are actually a great strength!
- Harmonix's Matt Boch takes up teaching role at NYU Game Center
Harmonix's project director Matt Boch, who currently oversees the studio's Dance Central series, has been appointed visiting associate arts professor at the NYU Game Center.
- How video game developers score art grants
More and more games are being partially or fully funded by grants from the NEA, the NEH, and state arts councils. WE share tips on how funding is secured, and what projects seem to find favor.
- New AbleGamers program aims to support game dev students with disabilities
The AbleGamers Charity has launched a fellowship program meant to support prospective game design students with disabilities through financial aid, internship opportunities and mentorship.
- Epic doles out $75k to UE4 educators via Unreal Dev Grants
Epic is continuing to dole out the $5 million banked in its Unreal Dev Grants program this week, awarding roughly $75,000 in no-strings-attached grants to ten educators and developers who use Unreal Engine 4.
Centre for Digital Media
The Master of Digital Media is Canada’s first professional graduate program in digital media. Housed at the Centre for Digital Media in Vancouver BC, this intensive program engages students in real world projects and provides top industry connections.