- Chris Crawford's hope for the future: Indies 'will save video games'
A new profile of Chris Crawford shows the GDC founder and iconoclastic developer as convinced as ever that change must come to the industry -- but hopeful that it is on the horizon.
- Game Developer Help List rallies industry vets to aid rookie devs
One developer put out a call on Twitter for experienced game-makers willing to make themselves available to help up-and-coming developers make their games. The response was so big, it broke Google.
- First ID@Xbox games for Xbox One likely to hit March 2014, says program's director
ID@Xbox director Chris Charla has said that the first games in the program will hit "early in the new year... closer to the third month."
- Indies publishing indies: Redshirt, 1 month after release
Positech founder Cliff Harris recently made his first splash into video game publishing with Redshirt. In this one month after postmortem, he discusses what it was like being an indie publisher for another indie.
- 'Don't just buy a new video game - make one'
"Don't just buy a new video game - make one" - U.S. President Barack Obama helps kick off Computer Science Education Week 2013.
- Influential game devs join IGF 2014's jury panels
Some of the most notable people in game development will be evaluating IGF 2014's standout entries. Today IGF announces members of some of the discipline-specific jury panels.
University of Advancing Technology
The only university in the nation to offer 5 game degree programs, UAT’s game development majors equip students with the knowledge of what is involved at all levels of game development—from theory and concept through programming and project production.