- MIT's Einsteinian game engine goes open source
MIT Game Lab's OpenRelativity engine, designed to educate players on Einstein's special relativity through the title A Slower Speed of Light, has gone open source for developers.
- Art Works webinar coming up on May 30th
A new webinar from the National Endowment for the Arts will be held later this month for prospective applicants of 2013's Art Works grant.
- Warren Spector teams with University of Texas for new game school
The University of Texas at Austin is joining forces with Warren Spector (Epic Mickey) and Paul Sams (COO, Blizzard) to found a new game design school, the Denius-Sams Gaming Academy.
- Leaving AAA: Why Naughty Dog's star designer became a teacher
"Game developers should not walk but run towards their nearest academic institution," says Richard Lemarchand, design lead on Uncharted 3 who in 2012 left AAA to teach game design.
- NYU and EVO team up for competitive game design scholarship
A new scholarship for NYU Game Center seeks to support game design students active in the fighting game community.
- GDC 2013 announces winners for Game Narrative poster sessions
GDC and the Game Narrative Summit have debuted the 2013 Student Narrative Analysis Competition winners, who all receive passes to this year's March conference in San Francisco, CA.
DAVE School (The Digital Animation & Visual Effects School)
What separates the DAVE School from all other schools is our teaching philosophy. We design our programs by listening carefully to the top studios as they share what they need from entry level employees. We then build a program to give you those skills.