- Video: Talk about your failures so other devs can learn from them
"The independent game space has a problem with failure," said indie dev Ashley Zeldin at GDC 2015. "When all we hear about are successes, that creates unrealistic expectations."
- Microsoft makes Project Spark game creation tool free-to-all
Refunds to come for recently purchased content as its "incubation engine," which allows players to create their own games, is made free.
- What Miyamoto wants from game developers
"You need to know what people find fun and interesting in life generally. And to do that, you’ve got to try a lot of things yourself."
- Valiant Hearts director designs indie game to help teach music history
Valiant Hearts co-director turned indie developer Joan Fanise talks briefly about the design goals and development process of emotive rhythm game Lost In Harmony, his studio's debut game.
- The Game Audio Starter Kit
"Want to start learning how to design adaptive audio for games? Here's what I did to put together a portfolio. Some project links, tips & code examples."
- Opinion: What can game devs learn from 19th century art?
Nineteenth century artist Gustave Caillebotte showed how old methods could be used to tackle new subjects in a stunningly expressive way. Game devs can do the same, says columnist Katherine Cross.
Vancouver Film School
Vancouver Film School is Canada’s premier post-secondary entertainment arts institution — currently celebrating 30 years of industry-defining success — and one of the top 10 schools favored by video game recruiters, according to the LA Times.