- Erin Robinson Swink tapped as creative director of UC Santa Cruz game masters program
The independent developer (Gravity Ghost, Puzzle Bots) joins the faculty of the respected Northern California video game program at the University of California at Santa Cruz.
- Get a job: Sucker Punch Productions seeks a Senior Environment Modeler
The Infamous developer is looking for a senior environment modeler to help the studio "push the boundary of gameplay, art and story-telling on PlayStation 4."
- The White House reveals the winners of the National Climate Game Jam
The winners of the National Climate Game Jam, an event designed to educate people about the effects and causes of climate change, have been revealed.
- Thanks to a debug-mode hack, you can now freely mess with EarthBound
Thanks to a new hack, you can muck about with one of the most lauded games of the JRPG genre -- and lay its secrets bare.
- 7 great minigames that game developers should study
An engaging minigame can deepen a players engagement in the overarching game. We look at 7 instructive examples that game developers should examine closely.
- Get a job: Be a Sound Designer at Digital Extremes
Ontario-based Warframe developer Digital Extremes is seeking someone who can take care of "sound design for levels, A.I., weapons, U.I, cinematics, animations, marketing, and other gameplay events."
Sheridan College - Canada's largest art school and long recognized for excellence in animation, offers 2, 1-year post-graduate programs: Game Level Design, Game Development - Advanced Programming; and 2 BA programs: Game Design and Interaction Design.