- Art Works webinar coming up on May 30th
A new webinar from the National Endowment for the Arts will be held later this month for prospective applicants of 2013's Art Works grant.
- Warren Spector teams with University of Texas for new game school
The University of Texas at Austin is joining forces with Warren Spector (Epic Mickey) and Paul Sams (COO, Blizzard) to found a new game design school, the Denius-Sams Gaming Academy.
- Leaving AAA: Why Naughty Dog's star designer became a teacher
"Game developers should not walk but run towards their nearest academic institution," says Richard Lemarchand, design lead on Uncharted 3 who in 2012 left AAA to teach game design.
- NYU and EVO team up for competitive game design scholarship
A new scholarship for NYU Game Center seeks to support game design students active in the fighting game community.
- GDC 2013 announces winners for Game Narrative poster sessions
GDC and the Game Narrative Summit have debuted the 2013 Student Narrative Analysis Competition winners, who all receive passes to this year's March conference in San Francisco, CA.
- GDC 2013 Education Summit adds curriculum 'deathmatch,' industry-academia collab panels
GDC 2013 organizers highlight three new talks for its Education Summit in the March conference, including a panel on commercial and educational collaboration and a "deathmatch" of game design curricula.
University of Utah: Entertainment Arts and Engineering Master Games Studio
--Salt Lake City, UT
EAE:MGS, The University of Utah's nationally ranked #3 undergraduate and #11 graduate game development programs offer producers, artists, and programmers a direct path to a career in games and a world-class education.