- Harmonix's Matt Boch takes up teaching role at NYU Game Center
Harmonix's project director Matt Boch, who currently oversees the studio's Dance Central series, has been appointed visiting associate arts professor at the NYU Game Center.
- How video game developers score art grants
More and more games are being partially or fully funded by grants from the NEA, the NEH, and state arts councils. WE share tips on how funding is secured, and what projects seem to find favor.
- New AbleGamers program aims to support game dev students with disabilities
The AbleGamers Charity has launched a fellowship program meant to support prospective game design students with disabilities through financial aid, internship opportunities and mentorship.
- Epic doles out $75k to UE4 educators via Unreal Dev Grants
Epic is continuing to dole out the $5 million banked in its Unreal Dev Grants program this week, awarding roughly $75,000 in no-strings-attached grants to ten educators and developers who use Unreal Engine 4.
- Reminder: GDC 2016 call for submissions closes tomorrow!
The call for proposals for Main Conference talks, roundtables and panel sessions for the 2016 Game Developers Conference in San Francisco, CA ends tomorrow (8/27). Don't miss your deadline!
- AIAS annual game industry scholarship winners announced
The Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences has announced the winners of its annual scholarship program, awarded by the AIAS Foundation.
Sheridan College - Canada's largest art school and long recognized for excellence in animation, offers 2, 1-year post-graduate programs: Game Level Design, Game Development - Advanced Programming; and 2 BA programs: Game Design and Interaction Design.