- 6 Quick Tips: How to Land Your First Job as a Game Developer
Attilio Carotenuto explains how game developers can stand out in a crowded pool of applicants and earn a career in the games industry.
- Game Design Challenge: Passive Aggression
Violence is typically a shortcut to achieving in-game goals, but can you design a game in which non-violence is an option? Test your skills in our latest Game Design Challenge.
- 'Good' Isn't Good Enough: Releasing an Indie Game in 2015
Daniel West examines the commercial failure of a student-developed indie game, and offers advice for developers wanting to stand out in a crowded marketplace.
- Scope Management for Student Projects
Adam Moore explains how student-led teams can maintain a reasonable project scope and make the best of limited resources.
- Basic Illumination for Games, Part 1
In this introductory feature, CoCo Collective Conciousness co-founder Jorge Veloso explains how lighting can have a dramatic effect on game environments.
- Results from Game Design Challenge: Before They Were Stars
What were your favorite video game characters up to before they set out on their adventures? Our readers rewrite history as part of our latest Game Design Challenge.