Get the latest Education e-news

Old 05-30-2010, 01:03 PM   #1
Psy

Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss3
Default My portfolio

First of all - Hi! Now, I'll be honest, I joined with the purpose of simply whoring my work so here's my portfolio. As per usual, feedback is welcome.
Psy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:42 PM   #2
mc511

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss7

I like the source work. It all looks solid. The resume i dont know about since i have struggled making them. Do you have videos of the maps?
mc511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 04:32 AM   #3
Psy

Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss3

Thanks. I do have videos for 2 of the maps. Here's a flythrough of Lighthouse and here's a timelapse of Nightfall. I do plan to make flythroughs for all of them eventually.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:33 PM   #4
JohnnyJohnJohns

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss22

Hey Aaron,

I like the look of your work, seems pretty cool around, well done!

A few, hopefully constructive, crits though.

The work shows you are competent at building levels using an editor but why did you lay out the levels as you did, where are the weapons and health, why are they there? To illustrate this paper layouts or any level design document you've completed should be ok. Another thing that might help is having actual gameplay footage, what you have now looks really nice but it doesn't show the game in action.

Another thing is that some nice scripted, well paced and thought out levels would be a nice addition to your portfolio as it shows you can put a lot of thought into your levels.

Overall I think your work looks good but I think if you're looking for an industry job you need to push it a bit further and show your design thinking.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:40 PM   #5
Psy

Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss3

Not a bad idea. I did write a fairly in-depth article about how I made Lighthouse here so I should throw it in my portfolio and also write the same kinda thing for my other maps.

Oh, and I also had a blog which contained a lot of info as I developed maps. You can find that here. Think it might be worth bringing back?

Last edited by Psy : 05-31-2010 at 12:44 PM.