Old 08-03-2010, 12:02 PM   #11
PERMAFROST666

Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecore95 View Post
I think its all dependent on your dedication. I'm now in my 4th month of the online program at Full Sail.

Here are things that you can consider:

1. You get a week to complete your main assignments

All assignments must be turned in on the due date at 11:59pm est

Depending on the class you may have more then one assignment due per week

2. Virtual classes

We have virtual class sessions which are mainly used for the major courses and there only once a week. Times vary for each class and so far they have been early as 11:00am and late as 6:00pm and they are on est also.

We ask questions,review projects for the week, critique projects,and have additional lecture directed toward the projects due.

Even though its recommended that you be in class it is not required and you can watch a recorded session of the class when you have the time to do so.

Other then that in the beginning you will at least be putting in 10-20+ hours per week for projects and there is a good chance that this will increase when you get further into the program.

If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.
What types of books do they provide or are they Ebooks? Are the books decent for use as reference material later on and after the classes are over? I'm pretty sure i have more questions just cant think of them as of now.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:13 AM   #12
thecore95

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PERMAFROST666 View Post
What types of books do they provide or are they Ebooks? Are the books decent for use as reference material later on and after the classes are over? I'm pretty sure i have more questions just cant think of them as of now.
To answers both of those questions they haven't provided any ebooks for the classes I've taken. The books I received for the major classes have only been used for my own reference and I have not been required to read them. I'm not quite sure how great of a reference they will be after my classes are over but there definitely nice to have.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:57 PM   #13
sam10bw

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss4

I'm considering taking the computer animation degree online. But I'm a little hesitant because I've gotten my associates through a online course and found that everything was very basic. We never went into any detail on how to model or texture complex models. In fact we were just pretty much told where tools were on programs but not how to use the tools to create certain models.

Does full sail offer in depth teachings on how to model complex objects? Do you really create content that is worthy to be called production content?
Old 01-19-2011, 07:07 PM   #14
tsloper
Super Moderator

Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss1890

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam10bw View Post
Does full sail offer in depth teachings on how to model complex objects? Do you really create content that is worthy to be called production content?
While you're in school, what you are creating is worthy to be called "student content." By definition.

It is your job to take the learning that's imparted to you, and take that to the next level.

You shouldn't demand that an English Lit class would turn you into the new Shakespeare.

PLEASE do not use this website's PM feature to contact me.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:11 PM   #15
LMP

Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsloper View Post
While you're in school, what you are creating is worthy to be called "student content." By definition.

It is your job to take the learning that's imparted to you, and take that to the next level.

You shouldn't demand that an English Lit class would turn you into the new Shakespeare.
I totally agree with what Tom says, and can personally attest to this, 90% of the art I've produced in my school career doesn't meet my personal level of quality for my portfolio, at least not at the level the pieces were "finished" at.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:01 PM   #16
faulkwood

Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss1
Default Re: Full Sail Questions and General Animation Question

Am I the only person that thinks $60,000-$80,000 tuition is too much? Every single school I've looked into was in this range for a full degree. I didn't feel comfortable taking out massive loans, so I backed out. I just felt somehow that I was being duped or ripped off and somehow I could learn what I need for a career somewhere cheaper.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:29 PM   #17
tsloper
Super Moderator

Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss1890

faulkwood, you should go to a school you can afford. And preferably not a for-profit school, either.
Read http://www.igda.org/games-game-august-2011

PLEASE do not use this website's PM feature to contact me.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:56 PM   #18
johnsteve108

Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss1

Thanks for the information
Closed Thread