Go Back   Game Career Guide Forums > Other > Game Studies
Forum Home Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2008, 09:18 PM   #11
ShadoFrost

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss54

I have a lot of books on my list to read varying different fields. I usually find out what books to read by reading reviews, see what authors of certain articles suggest (they do that in a few articles here), and also read developers blogs and see what they are reading. Currently I am reading A Theory of Fun.

On another note I agree with everything Tim said in the beginning but that will take discipline. I to worked at a game store as a supervisor for two years and I think it was a great experience. My video game library swelled from 4 owned games approximately 100 in that short period. I'm still playing through the pill.

MDeis

Last edited by ShadoFrost : 06-11-2008 at 09:08 AM.
ShadoFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:57 PM   #12
DjWeston

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss15
Default Game testing

I was looking for an article on Gamasutra.com that specifically talked about what to look for when examining games but I can't find it for the life of me. I basically play every single title that comes out for the systems I own and try to get to older titles as I can. If you're not already aware of http://www.gamefly.com/ I'd suggest signing up and taking advantage of it. As an aspiring developer Gamefly is priceless because you can rent as many titles as you want for a monthly fee and keep them as long as you want without fearing late charges. It allows me a lot of time to test games that are released and see what new things they're doing without paying eight bucks per game for four days if I were to rent it from a local store. Those rental fees from a local store can really add up and sometimes four days isn't enough. I'll continue looking for the article, I thought I had it saved somewhere.....
DjWeston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 05:51 PM   #13
EvilLlama

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss282

http://www.gamecareerguide.com/featu...laying_to_.php

You might find this article helpful
EvilLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 02:43 AM   #14
DjWeston

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss15
Default Playing to learn

EvilLlamma beat me to it and I was looking on the wrong site anyways. Thank you for posting that again now I know I have it saved.
DjWeston is offline   Reply With Quote