Get the latest Education e-news

Old 03-30-2010, 12:25 PM   #1
Platypus

Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss26
Default Portal 2

The game that was created by a few or so college Digi Pen Students is getting a full-blown sequel. coverage of the game is featured on the April 2010 issue of Game Informer, but you can find more info about the game on the GI's website.

I'm already getting a little disappointed of the game when I noticed it's planned for release only on the Xbox 360, PC, and Mac. I found the first Portal for the pS3 and i was hoping they would consider putting the sequel on it as well. I might be able to play it on PC, but I'm unsure of my computer's gaming capabilities.

A lot of the information I found to be interesting, but just for whatever reason I'm having a feeling that Valve might be making an attempt to cash unnecessary money from the game, since they never predicted Portal's critical reception. I'm hope I'm wrong though and that the game won't be too expensive and that I might actually be able to play it.

Any thoughts on the game here?
Old 03-30-2010, 04:00 PM   #2
Ezion

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss38

You might check out this: Valve Hires DigiPen Team; Seemingly for Portal 2

It's an obscure link I found a while back, but I assume it's not made up. I'm surprised it hasn't been published more, though.

Who knows how the Tag guys fit into the Portal 2 dev team? It'll be interesting to see, though.

L4D2 did seem to have a money grabbing slant to it, but not so much that I'd complain about it. Still, Valve has had a good rep for putting out polished games for several years, so I wouldn't go doubting them just yet.

Last edited by Ezion : 03-30-2010 at 04:04 PM.
Ezion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:53 PM   #3
poweeezy

Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss9

Well Gabe Newell's quote "A waste of everybody's time. This was a horrible disaster and we're sorry and we're going to stop selling this and stop trying to convince people to develop for it." Is why they will not release for the Playstation system.

Newell is the founder of Valve.
poweeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:41 PM   #4
yaustar
Administrator

Activity Longevity
2/20 19/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss2270

Quote:
Originally Posted by poweeezy View Post
Well Gabe Newell's quote "A waste of everybody's time. This was a horrible disaster and we're sorry and we're going to stop selling this and stop trying to convince people to develop for it." Is why they will not release for the Playstation system.

Newell is the founder of Valve.
There is more to it but generally the cost to port the source engine to PS3 architecture is probably not worth the return they are likely to get. Source is primarily a PC engine so porting to the 360 is fairly easy, trying to retro fit it to the PS3 can be extremely difficult.
yaustar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:17 AM   #5
Davies

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss10

You know Valve are not sony friendly, you should have never got your hopes high.
I bet you used a pc to post this, so get it on that, which is the best gaming machine since it has been released.
Davies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:53 AM   #6
Platypus

Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss26

Not quite sure if my home computer can run it. In the case that it doesn't then I very much doubt that I will get it, considering that I will either have to buy a new computer or upgrade my own PC, which is still costly.

It'll probably $60 this time around. I'll probably neglect it getting it anytime soona fter its release considering I only payed $4 for Portal.