Forum Home Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 10:07 AM   #21
Lethal18

Activity Longevity
0/20 18/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss6

IDesert FoxI you have inspired me to start my own blog as well, good stuff man.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:16 PM   #22
IDesert FoxI

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss17

Good to hear! Post a link when its up, always good to read each others work
Old 08-09-2011, 09:47 AM   #23
ClearConscious

Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss4

Actually I have to disagree with one piece of advice here. It's much more beneficial to join an established site before creating your own.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:34 AM   #24
xsuperhan

Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss5

I've been reading this thread, taking into account what everyone is saying. I've been trying to pursue a writing career within gaming for a long time. It took me a while to gain the confidence to start my own blog.

I'm also writing for a website at the moment, which has helped with my ability and confidence. If anyone would like to check out my blog, give me advice and anything in between, I'd appreciate it!

http://xflawlessvictory.blogspot.com/
Old 10-04-2011, 04:34 AM   #25
achuah

Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss1

In all honesty Elliot, I truly believe that if you really want to do something - then the only thing stopping you are your thoughts!

Let me change your perspective:
Henry Ford, was an uneducated man with very poor "academic" knowledge about his undertakings.
However, in the 1800-1900s he became one of the richest men in designing the T model car. ALTHOUGH his almost nonexistent schooling suggested that he could not surmount to anything in life.
Because of this premonition that a good education equals success, - everyone around him did not believe that he could achieve some of his craziest ideas at the time. (a machine that moves by itself?! impossible.)
Where he told is was a lunatic, crazy, mad etc. (and don't get me wrong, a lot of people are going to give you shit)
SO! -
1908 comes by, and soon enough he becomes one of the richest and profound men of the 20th century.

How?
By making a positive, stern decision to do so. And in comparison for your scenario, if you want something bad enough, take action to do so, and may be willing to endure hardship - then your rewards will be correlate to your actions.

You ask specifically, "What i really want to know is, how long would it take a 17 year old British below average student to become a video games journalist and would i even be ABLE to become what I've yearned for so long to be?"

How long? - As long as it needs to take in your own willpower and personal initiative.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:31 AM   #26
tsloper
Super Moderator

Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss1838

Quote:
Originally Posted by achuah View Post
In all honesty Elliot, I truly believe that if you really want to do something - then the only thing stopping you are your thoughts!
Elliot asked his question 4 years ago. And he has been inactive ever since. I think it makes sense to lock this thread now.

PLEASE do not use this website's PM feature to contact me.
Closed Thread